IGNORED

4 years ago 16.01.16

Flagon

Managerless and in the relegation zone we took on Middlesbrough at Ashton Gate who were top with 9 consecutive clean sheets. 

Incredibly, we did the double over them securing a 1 0 win with Wes Burns popping up in injury time. 

Fast forward to today and happily, despite a bad run and really not getting together overall, we are only 1 point off the playoffs right now. Bizarrely I really feel like we need this win on Saturday as much as we needed that one 4 years ago. Different circumstances but same urgency felt.

53 minutes ago, Flagon said:

Bizarrely I really feel like we need this win on Saturday as much as we needed that one 4 years ago. Different circumstances but same urgency felt.

We certainly need the win, you're not wrong there. 

To me now though it feels like a win would just paper over the cracks; we rarely play well at home and if by some quirk of fate we find ourselves back in the top-6 come Saturday teatime most people will just default to the "progress" setting and be happy, when the reality is we are frankly pretty fcikung shyte to watch (at home) most of the time and LJ can't settle on a style, formation or the oft used phrase identity that we can call our own. 

This is the bloke that SL has flamboyantly (financially, at least) entrusted to lead us to  - and presumably keep us in - the Premier League. 

21 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

We certainly need the win, you're not wrong there. 

To me now though it feels like a win would just paper over the cracks; we rarely play well at home and if by some quirk of fate we find ourselves back in the top-6 come Saturday teatime most people will just default to the "progress" setting and be happy, when the reality is we are frankly pretty fcikung shyte to watch (at home) most of the time and LJ can't settle on a style, formation or the oft used phrase identity that we can call our own. 

This is the bloke that SL has flamboyantly (financially, at least) entrusted to lead us to  - and presumably keep us in - the Premier League. 

Yeah and this is what is so frustrating. We've been pretty poor overall in playing style, particularly at home. But somehow only 1 point off, and only 5 points off Brentford who really are playing some great football at the moment. 

As tough as the Championship is it sometimes feel like it would take so little to get over the bloody line. In terms of how we have been playing we feel miles off Brentford. 

Archived