IGNORED

Fortune

The_Boy

Last night was the first per-season friendly i've been at this season and the the whole team played really well but in particular i was so impressed at the part Fortune played. He looked solid and comfortable in the centre of defence and this was against a Premiership team. I can only assume (injuries forbidding) that he will also improve over time and can be the long term replacement for Butler who as someone else mentioned is getting a little slower and losing that "edge".

Looking forward to the new season!

Last night was the first per-season friendly i've been at this season and the the whole team played really well but in particular i was so impressed at the part Fortune played. He looked solid and comfortable in the centre of defence and this was against a Premiership team. I can only assume (injuries forbidding) that he will also improve over time and can be the long term replacement for Butler who as someone else mentioned is getting a little slower and losing that "edge".

Looking forward to the new season!

Agreed! I know we picked up after he was released from Spurs. He reminds me of a certain "Ledley King"!! Can't believe he didn't get more of a look in last season although our back four unit was pretty awesome!..Also seems very comfortable in the holding midfield role, good pace, strong on the ball and passing range seems good for a central-defender!!

Archived