IGNORED

Smoking Ban At Ashton Gate

Mrdc

I can't see what all the fuss is about - so you smell of fags after a game - so what ?  Do you ever go to pubs/clubs/restaurants etc - isn't the same true there as well ? What next

... what next? ... Well, hopefully, the same law as they have in the United States and Ireland, the one that bans the indulgence of your habit in public places.

I'm getting sick of it now after every home game I leave and I stink of fags...

Get home I've got it on my breath, its all over my clothes its everywhere, all I want to do is watch and game of football and I dont expect to end up smelling like an ashtry.

Some other clubs have started to make their grounds non smoking and I think its about time we do the same!

The point that you have raised is an interesting one. I am a non-smoker but have been going to The Gate since 1967. It was taken as read then that people smoked, but being a hardy 7 year old I survived then and remarkably I'm still going strong! It is part of the day that people smoke. If I objected to it that strongly I would either sit in the non-smoking area or NOT GO TO THE GAME!

Personally, I would rather see a ban on alcholic breath (more hassle has been caused by drink than smoking), and foul language.

I do believe in live and let live, but before we postulate on others failings we must first look at what we may do to irritate others. (Even smokers) :D

Some of these smokers really do have a bit of an attiude on them!

After last nights game I felt like I had smoked a few cigs... My chest felt tight and that cant be healthy or right for a 28 year old who has never smoked!!

or posting inane fascist comments!

It's been proven time and time again that second hand smoke kills.

Even if you don't care about the death rate and want to stick your head in the sand about mortaility rates etc, your habit you insist on doing causes everyone around you to stink.

So basically for all of those people around you, you're increasing the risk of a fatal disease and contaminating their skin/hair/clothes with an odious ermm.. odour.

Whether they like it or not. Without their consent.

If that isn't anti-social I don't know what is!!!

Comments like 'I'm sick of... I don't care..' pretty much sum it up. You couldn't give a flying to55 about anyone else.

Nice. :D

I'm a smoker. I predict I will be dead within 20 years and am going to enjoy it why I can.

So, I will continue to blow my smoke on you all and continue to watch you all rot from passive smoking. Have a nice weekend!

I'm a smoker.  I predict I will be dead within 20 years and am going to enjoy it why I can.

So, I will continue to blow my smoke on you all and continue to watch you all rot from passive smoking.  Have a nice weekend!

Your a top bloke, but the first bit i understand, the second bit - it uncalled for, upsets me that kind of attitude mate.

Neo, bit uncalled for in the last bit of your post don't you think? Fine, smoke yourself doesn't bother me in the slightest. And fine, be happy with only having 20 years left. But wishing people die from passive smoking? I can only assume you were joking but not very tasteful eh?!

It should be an individual's choice whether they smoke or not. If people want to smoke in their homes etc, go ahead! But when you are behind someone with their fag pointing in your direction it's really irritating. It stinks!

I've just got back from a chinese restaurant and reek of the stuff. I'm all for a ban of smoking.

Sorry, but all you non smokers who winge like hell can basiclly kiss my ass, i'll smoke where and when i want and if you dont like it TOUGH!

I is fed up to the ******* hilt with this type of ###### bullshit, the fact is its just another ******* excuse for these types of people to have a good old moan, if it was not smoking it would be somthing else for them to cry about.

I'll do you a deal then......I'll stop pouluting your "personal space" if you give up your gas guzzling ozone killing car, ok?

.....Lights up and blows in peoples face..... :D

Me as well,whenever i go to footy with my Grandad who himself had throat cancer from smoking, i get home only to have my parents having a go at me because they think I have been smoking because I reek of the stuff,I have bout 6 people to my right in a row who smoke and it makes a horrible white cloud of smoke and I for one don't like it,the smell is disgusting and when I told someone in my row I didn't like it he came up to me and did it right in my face and that was totally uncalled for as for drinking well I don't have a problem with that 1 it is nice to have one or two pints of cider before going in to watch the City just so long as it doesn't get out of hand I rarely see any problems in the Red And White bar or in the stands due to drinking but drinking is part of the English football culture unfortunatly so is smoking!

Your a top bloke, but the first bit i understand, the second bit - it uncalled for, upsets me that kind of attitude mate.

I was trying to get a rise out of people.

Why? Because I am immature :P .

I agree that smoking should be banned at the Gate and yes, I really am a smoker.

Like Reading and the Mill, it's fine provided there is somewhere you can go if you really need one.

The reason I posted drivel, was because for me, this thread is drivel. Lots of anti-smokers indirectly criticisng me because I got hooked on a horrible habit and thus far, haven't had the willpower to stop.

Non-smokers always see it from their view and don't in my opinion appreciate that perhaps the smokers don't want to spend £4 a day they really can't afford and smell like an ash-tray and can get quite depressed about it.

I don't want sympathy, but then again, I don't want all the perfect saints on here giving me (indirectly) poo I don't need or want.

Anyway, I would suggest this post is also drivel because it's all very well banging on about your clothes smelling, breath (don't get that one unless you smoke), but, the number 1 fact is that in about 98% of the stadium you are allowed to smoke.

If you want to get things done, this is the wrong forum and way to go about it. First, you want to set up a poll and encourage all members to answer truthfully and then present the results to S.L. either through the SL/CS forum or via the FCC (i.e. Tom or richieB on here).

Don't bitch about something that is perfectly legal within the Gate. Petition the right people to make it illegal. It ain't rocket science :P

P.S. I am a top-bloke. I'm also up my own back-side at least once a day :D

Guest footychik

i hate it too.all i can smell is the smoke and it makes me cough and then people get annoyed with me.

WHy do people smoke? wasting their life away - and actually paying for it?

my friend smokes. i saw her doing it - i was offerd but i said no. now in the gate - it's like the same situation - apart from the kids have no choice. they do have a choice - not cming to the games or sitting in the non smoking part, but the non smoking part- you still come home smelling of kind of smokey fags.

Neo, bit uncalled for in the last bit of your post don't you think? Fine, smoke yourself doesn't bother me in the slightest. And fine, be happy with only having 20 years left. But wishing people die from passive smoking? I can only assume you were joking but not very tasteful eh?!

I haven't been able to taste properly for 15 years so please don't talk to me about tasteful.

As for my warped sense of humour if you don't like it, you can simply click on "ignore poster". I won't lose any sleep about it. One less person to answer :D

I think most anti-smokers on here appreciate that it is an addiction and although I still find that no excuse to smoke in public places it's the people who blow smoke in your face on purpose etc that really irritate me. It's sad that people get some kind of kick out of sharing their smoke with others and really says what sort of person you are by feeling no guilt for damaging others with their smoke.

Sorry, but all you non smokers who winge like hell can basiclly kiss my ass, i'll smoke where and when i want and if you dont like it TOUGH!

I is fed up to the ******* hilt with this type of ###### bullshit, the fact is its just another ******* excuse for these types of people to have a good old moan, if it was not smoking it would be somthing else for them to cry about.

I'll do you a deal then......I'll stop pouluting your "personal space" if you give up your gas guzzling  ozone killing car, ok?

.....Lights up and blows in peoples face.....  :)

It's at times that this that I really did wish Karma existed.. :D

And since when have hundreds of hours of medical research and incontrovertible proof suddenly become bullshit just because you say so?

Selfish, small-minded ass.

I dont like having smoke blown in my face whilest at City, but to be honest I've taken the smokers side on this one.

So what happens if you are a smoker and the designated smokers section is full? You wont go to the game as your confident you cant last around 2 hours without nicotine. Thats pretty harsh.

Untill smoking gets a ban from public places, were just going to put up with it or move to a non smokers section.

I think most anti-smokers on here appreciate that it is an addiction and although I still find that no excuse to smoke in public places it's the people who blow smoke in your face on purpose etc that really irritate me. It's sad that people get some kind of kick out of sharing their smoke with others and really says what sort of person you are by feeling no guilt for damaging others with their smoke.

I have a cigarette before the game and at half-time. I stand up (i'm 6ft 1) and blow my smoke upwards. If tall people are around or it is windy, I stand on my seat.

Don't like smoking during the game, if I really feel I need to, I go to the bog and finish it stood at the start of the Dolman stand away from people.

Don't categorise all smokers with the same don't give a stuff attitude.

It's at times that this that I really did wish Karma existed..  :D

And since when have hundreds of hours of medical research and incontrovertible proof suddenly become bullshit just because you say so?

Selfish, small-minded ass.

You dont have to preach to me about Karma newboy, i'm Buddhist, and just for the record Karma does exsist. :D

Ok then newboy, show me the research where this "incontrovertible" proof is, like to see that. :)

As for small minded....well i'm the one looking at the "bigger" picture.

Where you see an inconveience i see a mild form of oppression fueled by...lets say "people like you".

:D

I have a cigarette before the game and at half-time.  I stand up (i'm 6ft 1) and blow my smoke upwards.  If tall people are around or it is windy, I stand on my seat.

Don't like smoking during the game, if I really feel I need to, I go to the bog and finish it stood at the start of the Dolman stand away from people.

Don't categorise all smokers with the same don't give a stuff attitude.

I thought I made it clear in my post that it was the smokers who do it on purpose?! NOT all of them! :D Fair play to you if you do that, I don't categorise all smokers like that. I understand that most smokers do want to give up and don't want to inflict it on others.

I thought I made it clear in my post that it was the smokers who do it on purpose?! NOT all of them!  :D Fair play to you if you do that, I don't categorise all smokers like that. I understand that most smokers do want to give up and don't want to inflict it on others.

Cool! :P

You did make it clear. Fun though this :P . Actually my funs over :D .

Me and my chronically sun-burnt back are going to lie in bed in front of the massive over-priced, but oh so appreciated large desk-fan, come windmill and enjoy the breeze as nature intended :D

Too much information? :)

P.S. I am even going to for-go my bed-time fag in honour of this thread. Night all :D

Do it like in Cardiff(Millenium Stadium)meant to be backward but a lot more advanced than us-no smoking in stadium, only away from seating in bars or not where people are sat.

Yeah I'm an ex-smoker but so what,now i'm protecting myself and my kids.

Archived