IGNORED

Pies, Pies, Pies

openEnd

The state of grub at the Gate has been widely reported (ridiculed) on here for as long as I can remember.

Poor quality, poor service, Over priced etc, etc, etc.

Any way leaving the majority of that to one side.

This maybe my opinion but Clarks Pies Bristol produce the best Pies/Pasties on the planet, they have a shop within spitting distance from the Gate. Why don't the club look into using them?

I'm sure sales of hot snacks would increase purely on the back of people knowing what they are buying (assuming Mr Matthews left us some) :( and they would be freshly baked on the day!

Can't believe I haven't thought of this before. Maybe this post would be better 'served' on the SteveL/ColinS forum.

Most clubs food is contracted out and therefore no other suppliers would be possible.

I know that Lindley Catering would have to organise this, but surely its not out of the question?

Now I know they are caterers at numerous other Clubs - a fair majority of them in the Midlands. I could imagine the outcry if they stopped Balti Pies at WBA for example. Its exactly the same argument.

Guest DrFaustus
The state of grub at the Gate has been widely reported (ridiculed) on here for as long as I can remember.

Poor quality, poor service, Over priced etc, etc, etc.

Any way leaving the majority of that to one side.

This maybe my opinion but Clarks Pies Bristol produce the best Pies/Pasties on the planet, they have a shop within spitting distance from the Gate. Why don't the club look into using them?

I'm sure sales of hot snacks would increase purely on the back of people knowing what they are buying (assuming Mr Matthews left us some)  :( and they would be freshly baked on the day!

Can't believe I haven't thought of this before. Maybe this post would be better 'served' on the SteveL/ColinS forum.

One thing we're better at than City just now is the grub.

Get your lot to contact Proper Cornish Pasties and get them to set up a franchise outlet or two at the Gate.

Quality nosh. (As I imagine Angelina Jolie would be, but that's a separate fantasy)

<br /> I know that Lindley Catering would have to organise this, but surely its not out of the question?

Now I know they are caterers at numerous other Clubs - a fair majority of them in the Midlands. I could imagine the outcry if they stopped Balti Pies at WBA for example. Its exactly the same argument.

Ahh, Lindley catering is owned by a director of Sjoke City FC and was one of the two accused by stoke supporters of gilding the lily when selling out to the Icelanders and still commanding a place on the board.

Probably 20% of threads on the oatcake concern this particular individual the other 80% a certain Tiny Penis.

Guest BTR_FTG

"Clarks Pies Bristol produce the best Pies/Pasties on the planet.." Spot on epicurean Openend, though it must be said that there's a piemaker on the Gas side of town, who provides the tucker at my favoured pre-match watering hole, that's making me reconsider that valuation.

BTR

FTG

I tried to get Clark's Pies in as a supplier about 18 months ago. Unfortunately it didn't work out due to a number of reasons relating to quality control. This was a great shame as I think that they would be very popular. I will make enquiries as to whether the situation has changed.

Richard

I tried to get Clark's Pies in as a supplier about 18 months ago.  Unfortunately it didn't work out due to a number of reasons relating to quality control.  This was a great shame as I think that they would be very popular.  I will make enquiries as to whether the situation has changed.

Richard

Thanks for looking into this Richard. I really don't see how it could fail to be a success.

Your comment regards 'Quality Control' has left me a little confused.

Are you suggesting that we currently have good quality control?

My experience of Lindley's is otherwise.

Archived