IGNORED

Lowest away following at Reading since?

Never to the dark side

59 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

I was watching on Ifollow last night and the commentary from Radio Berkshire said it was their second lowest gate of the season. They were quite surprised there weren't more home fans as there weren't any Champions League games on etc. and it being a localish game. They were of the opinion the footballing bubble had burst in Reading so tough times ahead...They spent most of the night wondering how they'd spent £7.5m on Puskas one of the worst strikers I've seen this season.

To be fair it is a soulless bowl which would put many off, really pleased we stayed at AG now with what North Street and Bemmy has to offer

2 hours ago, TMWANG50 said:

I was watching on Ifollow last night and the commentary from Radio Berkshire said it was their second lowest gate of the season. They were quite surprised there weren't more home fans as there weren't any Champions League games on etc. and it being a localish game. They were of the opinion the footballing bubble had burst in Reading so tough times ahead...They spent most of the night wondering how they'd spent £7.5m on Puskas one of the worst strikers I've seen this season.

They spent that much on him? They also spent a large fee on Lucas Joao as well, they surely must be at risk of failing FFP at this rate?

7 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

They spent that much on him? They also spent a large fee on Lucas Joao as well, they surely must be at risk of failing FFP at this rate?

They got out of that one by selling their stadium to their owner in the summer. Were on a soft transfer embargo almost till deadline day, then spent a net 12m! Trouble is, you can only sell your stadium to yourselves once, hard to see how they can be sustainable on crowds that small. 

4 minutes ago, phil_clevedon said:

They got out of that one by selling their stadium to their owner in the summer. Were on a soft transfer embargo almost till deadline day, then spent a net 12m! Trouble is, you can only sell your stadium to yourselves once, hard to see how they can be sustainable on crowds that small. 

Should only be a matter of time before that soft embargo is escalated to much more serious consequences at the rate they are going.

23 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So just under 2000 city fans attending meaning less that 10k home fans. Wow Reading going back to where they belong now that their prem stints and title wins are over.

Indeed.Always have been a small club in my eyes.

Archived