IGNORED

Richarlison 85m!

Fpcity

See Barcelona have offered 85m(€100m) for him and Everton have rejected it! Sure its not just me who thinks that is a stupid amount for him who hasn't really set the Premiership alight. 

People say transfer fees have gotten out of control but this tops it 

I don't think it's that crazy in today's market. People forget the worth to their club and since they've just got an elite manager in Ancelotti, it makes absolutely no sense to sell their main asset. The cost to replace him this late in the window would be ridiculously inflated and everyone would be aware that they have £85m in the kitty to spend. 

It's like in the summer, everyone was laughing at Palace's £85m valuation of Zaha. They would be in a very precarious position in the league without him and relegation costs more than their valuation. 

12 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

See Barcelona have offered 85m(€100m) for him and Everton have rejected it! Sure its not just me who thinks that is a stupid amount for him who hasn't really set the Premiership alight. 

Value is relative - Everton are wealthy these days and don't necessarily need to sell.

The way you value players also includes how the selling club value him in terms of replacing him so it's difficult to say player X is worth X amount.

In today's market i'm not that surprised by the fee - plus you pay a slight premium for Brazillians. 

I think around the right players he'd be very good and I think he'd be a good signing for them.

Today's market prices are so inflated and the acceleration has taken lots of our fans by surprise who are still adjusting to us regularly spending 7 figures !

50 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

The problem is now he's had his head turned so will probably sulk for the rest of the season 

40 minutes ago, Coppello said:

The cost to replace him this late in the window would be ridiculously inflated and everyone would be aware that they have £85m in the kitty to spend. 

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

2/3 days before the window closes who would you get to replace you're 2nd top scorer? They're 7 points above the drop zone, while unlikely they'd go down you sure you'd want to risk it?

Johnson Clarke-Harris ;)

2 hours ago, paul_fox said:

Bang average Prem striker. Worth less than half that as far as I'm concerned. 

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Bang average Prem striker. Worth less than half that as far as I'm concerned. 

How qualified are you to decide that though? I’d assume Barcelona have some decent people in position to decide their transfer deals.

You only have to look at some of the fee’s City fans have banded about for some of our players, most recently Brownhill (before his clause became public knowledge) & Massengo after 3 appearances.

If someone is mad enough to pay it, the selling club will happily take it & if Barcelona’s £85m bid was their first offer, it’s highly likely they’ll be back with another because anyone would be crazy to just accept a first bid.

13 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

How qualified are you to decide that though? I’d assume Barcelona have some decent people in position to decide their transfer deals.

You only have to look at some of the fee’s City fans have banded about for some of our players, most recently Brownhill (before his clause became public knowledge) & Massengo after 3 appearances.

If someone is mad enough to pay it, the selling club will happily take it & if Barcelona’s £85m bid was their first offer, it’s highly likely they’ll be back with another because anyone would be crazy to just accept a first bid.

There are plenty of players bought and sold who go for baffling sums. 

All I'm qualified to say is - he hasn't been playing for Everton like a £85m player and, to me, shows little sign of becoming one. 

Lets just say Barcelona can afford to piss a lot more money up the wall than most. 

I can't think of any other player anywhere near that price who has been so average. Can you? 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

There are plenty of players bought and sold who go for baffling sums. 

All I'm qualified to say is - he hasn't been playing for Everton like a £85m player and, to me, shows little sign of becoming one. 

Lets just say Barcelona can afford to take a piss a lot more money up the wall than most. 

I can't think of any other player anywhere near that price who has been so average. Can you? 

But he is a full Brazil international, that tends to give any club that owns such a player the right to add another couple of million on to the fee.

I can see him going to Barcelona, he’ll do as most players do when they don’t get their own way & sulk & threaten not to play & suddenly find himself with a mystery undiagnosed knee injury! Until of course has to pass his Barcelona medical!

And in fairness, his stats for Everton with regarding to goals, shots on target, most fouled in the final 3rd, most possession in the final 3rd & dribbles are all top of the Everton team! Yes that doesn’t particularly mean a lot as Everton haven’t been that great but you’d be losing your best player & then have to replace him when there’s very little available for you to sign.

Archived