IGNORED

Coronavirus..

WhistleHappy

• Admin

Not that people passing away it a laughing matter but it is amusing how every year a new strain of a virus is found and it is panic all over the place

SARS, bird flu etc

The actual virus isn't new and many bottles of bleach mention on the back that they kill the germs, as always it is just how it is mutated and needs a new cure found

Sadly with all these things the way people are so close knit they spread quickly but as before measures are now in place so will be cured in the coming days / weeks

The media hype over these sorts of diseases is what will end up killing millions of people. 

One day a disease will come along with the potential to kill huge numbers of people but we’ll all be complacent due to thinking it’s just another SARS or bird flu media scare story.

I’ve no idea if coronavirus is as serious as it’s made out to be, I suspect not, but sooner or later a Spanish flu will arrive.

On 31/01/2020 at 11:28, phantom said:

Not that people passing away it a laughing matter but it is amusing how every year a new strain of a virus is found and it is panic all over the place

SARS, bird flu etc

The actual virus isn't new and many bottles of bleach mention on the back that they kill the germs, as always it is just how it is mutated and needs a new cure found

Sadly with all these things the way people are so close knit they spread quickly but as before measures are now in place so will be cured in the coming days / weeks

Why do these viruses always seem to begin in China or around that region?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Coronavirus has always been around but it's mutated into a killer virus rather than a general germ 

So true and you got the loons worrying about climate change,in my opinion the human race will be wiped out a long time before any of that nonsense due to a untreatable virus,be just our luck it happens as we make the prem league 

• Admin
2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So true and you got the loons worrying about climate change,in my opinion the human race will be wiped out a long time before any of that nonsense due to a untreatable virus,be just our luck it happens as we make the prem league 

Or one of the mad world leaders decide to press the big red button 

On 31/01/2020 at 11:12, WhistleHappy said:

Confirmed in UK now....

Get your medication in early. while stocks last... 

I've got a few bottles in already, .. Best medicine I've ever tasted to be fair... 

12552703_562208223937289_8302322839646681832_n.jpg

Prefer my strain of the virus 

th.jpeg-8.jpg

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Anyone else see the lead story on PW tonight? There are reports of Chinese kids being shunned at school a people moving seats on buses if a person of East Asian appearance sits next to them.

How stupid can some people be?

Wasnt there a story a few weeks back how someone came back from Wuhan and masked their symptoms by medicating, thus avoiding detection at the airport? Now IF someone did do that, with flights continuing between the countries then you can kind of understand why people may shun them based on that previous story. It is a little pathetic when you consider the Chinese population in the UK and how only a tiny tiny percentage of them have recently travelled from that area. The likelihood of bumping into anyone who have travelled from that area recently is probably extremely low. Probably got more chance of being knocked over, or being in a car crash etc. 

15 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Anyone else see the lead story on PW tonight? There are reports of Chinese kids being shunned at school a people moving seats on buses if a person of East Asian appearance sits next to them.

How stupid can some people be?

My local Chinese takeaway is down about 70% on orders the fella was telling me, properly thick that.

20 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Wasnt there a story a few weeks back how someone came back from Wuhan and masked their symptoms by medicating, thus avoiding detection at the airport? Now IF someone did do that, with flights continuing between the countries then you can kind of understand why people may shun them based on that previous story. It is a little pathetic when you consider the Chinese population in the UK and how only a tiny tiny percentage of them have recently travelled from that area. The likelihood of bumping into anyone who have travelled from that area recently is probably extremely low. Probably got more chance of being knocked over, or being in a car crash etc. 

I hadn`t heard that but it doesn`t surprise me if it happened. People panic by nature when they find themselves in a situation which could easily result in their life spiralling out of control.

One story (if it happened at all) doesn`t excuse these levels of stupidity and overreaction though. It`s the social media driven world we live in I suppose.

• Admin
On 05/02/2020 at 22:05, Up The City! said:

Wasnt there a story a few weeks back how someone came back from Wuhan and masked their symptoms by medicating, 

Possibly something entirely different but the story I read similar to this was someone came back from Wuhan with all the symptoms but didn't alert anyone, but self prescribed and was okay as a result 

Archived