IGNORED

Congratulations to all at City for these signings

southvillekiddy

11 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I think SL may well do.

Not sure LJ will survive the summer if we are not at least 6th.

You may be right but I'm not too sure about that.

If we drop down the table and finish 10th or below then I would think LJ is in trouble.

But if we finish close to the playoffs and having been beaten to them by better teams, then I wouldn't think he'd be sacked.

Realistically, is there any argument that the following are not better teams/squads than us;

WBA, Leeds, Fulham, Brentford.

If so, that leaves two places up for grabs with quite a few others with a realistic chance of grabbing one of them - us included. Thats why I don't expect us to get into the playoffs but it is a realistic target.

17 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

You may be right but I'm not too sure about that.

If we drop down the table and finish 10th or below then I would think LJ is in trouble.

But if we finish close to the playoffs and having been beaten to them by better teams, then I wouldn't think he'd be sacked.

Realistically, is there any argument that the following are not better teams/squads than us;

WBA, Leeds, Fulham, Brentford.

If so, that leaves two places up for grabs with quite a few others with a realistic chance of grabbing one of them - us included. Thats why I don't expect us to get into the playoffs but it is a realistic target.

Well, Fulham have Scott Parker as manager, so that immediately gives us an advantage;  Brentford and ourselves seem to be level pegging in the table and I would say we did marginally better in the window, nip and tuck between us and them I would say despite their 4.0 hammering of us during Lee's streaky bad period; do Leeds have a better squad than us? I am not sure they do and they have an over rated manager;  WBA have a better squad, a better manager, more resources and have strengthened well this window, God knows why they are having such a poor run.

I think there is one auto space up for grabs, two if WBA don't pull themselves together and all the play off spaces.  There are some very capable teams snapping away behind us, although I think our squad is as good as any of theirs.

It's all down to LJ and his team getting our strengthened squad to gel and get the results.

5 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Brilliant window, we have all the resources to get top 6. We’ve basically got 3 players in who the spine of very good team already. 

Over to you Lee, this is your chance. 

As good a chance as we are going to get, with this league there for the taking..........

Archived