IGNORED

Brian Deane Social Media Fan ‘Support’

And Its Smith

Brian Deane has taken to Twitter to urge Leeds fans to get behind the team and, in particular, Patrick Bamford. Couldn’t agree with him more.  All clubs have fans like this, who seem to take pleasure in calling our players time and time again. Bristol City is no different. 

Interesting words from Deane:

“Not sure all the stick Bamford is getting will help the whole team. Probably needs fans to stick with him more than ever now, especially as the pack is closing in. The guy probably isn’t getting a decent nights sleep at the moment, time to get behind him and protect your own.

By the way I’m talking about on social media not in the ground,someone put together a montage of his misses and posted it on Twitter that was a Leeds fan, cmon man, hold your breath for 5 months and just get behind them,no excuses for daft celebrations winding fans up either.

Just want to finish this off by saying I have no allegiances to any of the players,don’t know any of them but I’ve been promoted from this division 3 times,live here,I’m from here and want the club promoted as soon as. The flirting is over, it’s business and time for men.“

Where do you think the line should be drawn?

I agree that a montage of Bamford’s misses is quite mean, but to an extent strong criticism on social media and forums is natural. People do it to vent and obviously over exaggerate.

I agree that we have a few fans who seem to revel in our defeats, but by and large people are pretty measured I think. 

Bamford is the biggest cheat in this division, he dives around when no contact has been made seemingly every time I see them play, more than once he has held his face trying to get other players sent off when he hasn't even been hit in the face is dispicable. I hope he gets plenty more stick from his own fans, maybe one of them can put a montage together of all his cheating - it will probably be a longer video than his misses...

Vile bloke imo, gets everything he deserves.

Archived