IGNORED

LJ Presser

Red Army 75

6 hours ago, Keyred said:

When he waffles on after a game (especially after a loss) it's pretty bad but when you watch and listen to the pre-game press stuff he really comes across as a decent, motivated and knowledgeable guy.

I cut him a lot of slack as he's still young, still learning and wants the best for City and (obviously) himself.

Pre-game I could listen to him for hours. Directly after a game... not so much.

I wouldn’t bother listening to the post match stuff, if I were you..! 

To be honest, it’s always baffled me as to why people hang so much on pre & post match interviews. 
Managers or staff are obliged to do them. 
Pre match - they don’t want to give too much away. Injury updates are about as insightful as they are likely to get. 
Post match - what can they tell you that you haven’t just witnessed with your own eyes..?! The odd explanation or behind the scenes anecdote can be interesting, if they are shared. 

12 hours ago, Up The City! said:

It was an enjoyable interview, my only issue is when things are not going so well then he tends to not to the pre match presser and his post patch ones aren't very enjoyable. 

He rotates with his assistants regardless of the results.

5 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I did laugh at the 'land of the hobbits' comment about our full backs. Mostly because he seemed oblivious to the irony of him, of all people, making that kind of joke. 

Not sure there's any irony - I saw it as LJ showing he has more of a sense of humour about lack of stature - his own and others' - than a few ridiculously over sensitive posters on here who jump on any mention of it whatsoever.

12 hours ago, Magicdaps said:

No particular issue with LJ in interviews.  The word presser however...?

Horrible isn't it, so lazy.

Where did it come from - is it another Australianism we've picked up?

They do seem to struggle with long words.

Archived