IGNORED

Pyrotechnics (again)

Sweeneys Penalties

3 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Hamburg are to give a trial to fans using a limited number of Pyrotechnics https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51377205

How long before something similar in the UK I wonder

Well the Germans have been using rail seating for ages, but all we get is “it wouldn’t work here”. Presumably the powers that be will take the same attitude to this.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Never hopefully.

I don't understand why the germans are able to do something and we never are.

Is it a case of health and safety? Surely its safer to implement and manage rather than have them unexpetedly used - the former is surely by far more manageable and therefore less of a risk.

Sounds great.

Flares and smoke cans create a great atmosphere in the ground.

Their big downside is that when let off randomly they can cause problems for people with breathing difficulties or similar.

So lose that downside by having them let off in a specific area in front of a stand and let everyone know this in advance; allowing people who will be affected to swap seats with those who want to be closer.

• Admin

I would say if it was manged and controlled in the right way it could be a great effect

Along the lines of those massive flame things we have as the players come onto the pitch

If we can pass HSE regs to get flames bellowing into the air, I am sure someone can invent some coloured smoke

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I would say if it was manged and controlled in the right way it could be a great effect

Along the lines of those massive flame things we have as the players come onto the pitch

If we can pass HSE regs to get flames bellowing into the air, I am sure someone can invent some coloured smoke

… that can be controlled and ignores any wind/breezes in the ground.

Good luck with that!!

Archived