IGNORED

Soft underbelly team

Topper 123

14 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Does this team have a slightly SOFT underbelly by this I mean not have the bollox to dig in and win the battle first ,only watching last game we were out muscled all over the pitch and I don’t think any one player won his personal battle . 

Reading and QPR games amongst others would suggest not.

No soft underbelly IMO. But tactically lacking a Plan B when Plan A does not work at home. Tonights game is massive. Hoping the shackles are off and we play positively tonight. If we sit back, we are done for. Derby are on a very good run currently so difficult game and a draw will not be the end of the world. 

We have not played that well in about half the games and we will be one point behind Brentford if we win tonight. Brentford who have been superb.

There's no way we'd have narrowly won all the games we have whilst not playing very well if we were soft.

I have come to the conclusion that if we were on a run like Liverpool's under LJ, that there would be some questioning our ambition, lack of moral fibre etc, because of the game we drew away at Man Utd or because it took the U23's two games to knock Shrewsbury out of the cup.

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

No soft underbelly IMO. But tactically lacking a Plan B when Plan A does not work at home. Tonights game is massive. Hoping the shackles are off and we play positively tonight. If we sit back, we are done for. Derby are on a very good run currently so difficult game and a draw will not be the end of the world. 

Would just be another winless home game for LJ. Nudging downwards the 22.7% home league win rate (confirmed by another poster last week). 

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

Not so much a soft underbelly (that was us a few years ago when we regularly gave away a 2 goal lead).

More a case that we never dominate another team or a match.

Yes we rarely dominate. Physically our midfield has too many little blokes. HNM Smith Nagy Patterson don’t offer a huge amount in the respect of power although they are good players.

We have a team that does grind out backs to the wall 1-nillers mainly because our center backs are immense. 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I have come to the conclusion that if we were on a run like Liverpool's under LJ, that there would be some questioning our ambition, lack of moral fibre etc, because of the game we drew away at Man Utd or because it took the U23's two games to knock Shrewsbury out of the cup.

Out of interest what brings you to that conclusion? 

Archived