IGNORED

So if you are going to play crosses...

spudski

On 12/02/2020 at 22:16, ScottishRed said:

I think you have a point fella, another change of DNA from LJ. And that is a concern for me, there is is no philosophy, no pattern of player that is consistent. We look like a ‘power’ team tonight with very little subtlety.

It worked, we won - just, but what happens if we stick with that at Elland Road.

Last night I saw several phases of play where I could see some form of pattern, some purpose, that looked like it might have been crafted on the training ground.

I’m very critical of Eliasson’s positioning when we have the ball, and having given up possession early on last night because his LB marker nipped in ahead of him, I was then encouraged by his movement and positioning as the half wore on.  On one occasion with Hunt on the ball, he dragged Lowe short and then spun him, as Hunt clipped it over the top.  Basic?  Yep, but effective.

I saw Henriksen happy to break beyond Fam or Wells.

I saw green shoots to encourage me.  For 75 minutes without the ball we kept a decent shape.

On 12/02/2020 at 22:27, spudski said:

I agree...we look totally devoid of idea when going forward...but content to sit back and regroup, and happy to let crosses into the box.

Main threat is by interception and break or set pieces.

We are woeful at keeping possession and trying to break down teams now.

The transformation within two seasons, of high press, possession and energy, has gone to sit back, intercept, break on counter and whip in crosses. We honestly look like a Warnock team right now. Watch us go up ?

I thought we were much better last night.  Far from perfect.  Not as pleasing on the eye as Derby, but as fans we would probably be moaning about over-playing as they played in front of us.

15 hours ago, J-mat said:

Hunt was horrible tonight, again. In a poor run of form and seems to always be terrible when we are on the Tele.

I think it might be wise to switch Nik and Jamie round. Niklas can't defend either whereas Jamie is much better at tracking runners.

But we need an upgrade at right back desperately. 

I thought he had a cracking first half.  Did really well against Lawrence and gave us really good attacking options. His cross led to opening goal, ultimately created by the other full-back!!

Exposed last 20....but I think that might cloud some people’s view of his 90 minute overall performance.

Agree with possible Pato / Nic swapping sides, if only for 5 minutes.

Archived