IGNORED

Hunt and De Silva

Top Robin

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve said many times it’s about partnerships.  Yesterday the three of Dasilva, Paterson and Baker were poor 1st half hour, allowing time on the ball, runs off the back of them.  It needed Massengo to come out of position to help out.

I always thought Hunt played best with Watkins in front of him!!

I think Dasilva plays better with Eliasson in front of him, who seems to take up much more flexible positions on his natural side.  On the limited minutes Eliasson has played LWB, he has done okay too.

Depends by what you mean by technically?  Dasilva has wonderful touch.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Agree with a lot of that, which is why for me with the players that we have playing 4-4-2 in the way we do is setting up our players to fail. It exposes all the weaknesses of our full backs in particular while not allowing them to play to their strengths as much as they should. 

Both are succeptable to diagonal balls over the top Jay as he is tiny, and Hunt as his positioning is just rank, neither can deal with overloads, they neither close or stay meaning that they can get done outside or inside, JD is better than Hunt at this. 

And Hunt in particular is very very poor 1-1 so needs help. 

Due to this if you have To stay as you are you need to go with 2 holding midfielders, and probably sacrifice Pato for Watkins to help out Hunt and allow Dasilva to play behind Elliasson, but this probably removed way too much creativity for my liking in midfield. 

For me you either have to get 3-5-2 to give the extra CB to help the wing backs, or go 4-2-2-2 and have the two holding mids and centre backs carry the load for defending and negate the need for Dasilva and Hunt to defend much at all, this means probably dropping Williams and having Baker and Kalas as I don't think Williams is quick enough anymore. 

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve said many times it’s about partnerships.  Yesterday the three of Dasilva, Paterson and Baker were poor 1st half hour, allowing time on the ball, runs off the back of them.  It needed Massengo to come out of position to help out.

I always thought Hunt played best with Watkins in front of him!!

I think Dasilva plays better with Eliasson in front of him, who seems to take up much more flexible positions on his natural side.  On the limited minutes Eliasson has played LWB, he has done okay too.

Depends by what you mean by technically?  Dasilva has wonderful touch.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Depends by what you mean by technically? 

Well , both Hunt and Dasilva have better ball control , better passing ability , better reading of the game ( IMHO ) 

Bill makes up for this with his energy and enthusiasm, a bit like Mark Little did for us .

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Depends by what you mean by technically? 

Well , both Hunt and Dasilva have better ball control , better passing ability , better reading of the game ( IMHO ) 

Bill makes up for this with his energy and enthusiasm, a bit like Mark Little did for us .

I have a different opinion ???

Archived