IGNORED

City v the top 9

Jacki

After today’s game I thought I would just quickly have a look at our results v the rest of the play off contenders to see how we compare after another limp display against one of the promotion contenders. I suspected that the results were poor, but was surprised to see that they are quite as bad as they are.

Going down to Swansea in 9th, and looking at how we’ve got on, the results are as follows: 

P11 W1 D4 L6     F8 A21

Those results include today’s 3-0 walloping, the 4-1 defeat v WBA away, a 4-0 home defeat v Brentford and the 3-1 home hammering by Leeds. 

Of the 8 goals we’ve scored, 3 of them came in a 3-3 draw at Preston. In 10 other games, we’ve managed 5 goals and we’ve failed to score at all in 6 of those games.

I’m not really into laying into Johnson and the team if I can avoid it, and there is plenty of negativity on here tonight without me adding more.

But those stats just show how poor we’ve been, all season, against the best teams in the league. What the answer is I’m not sure, but if we don’t find a way of beating some of these better teams it’s hard to see how we’ll get anywhere near the play offs. And with that record, we’d surely just limp out in the semi finals if we did make it....

Archived