IGNORED

Will ‘Safe Standing’ Actually Improve the Atmosphere?

I’ve pretty much stood my whole supporting life, in one area of the ground or another.

In the last 10 years I’ve obviously gone east end, Atyeo, S26.

I was stood there Saturday and thinking that everyone here always stands anyway and the atmosphere is what it is. 

It was better yesterday because of an extra bit of needle and the fact that there quite a few ‘extra’ in there.

Simply changing the seats in an already standing area isn’t going to do much, the fact that it’s actually restricting freedom by having ‘reserved seating’ will take away from the atmosphere, not add to it.

Unless the area is actually enlarged I don’t quite see the point.

Rail seating improves safety not necessarily atmosphere. In grounds up and down the land supporters are standing unsafely due to room, pitch of terracing etc. The rail seats, whether applied 1:1, or perhaps eventually 1:1.5, make it safer to stand. 

If you want an atmosphere change then rail seating will need to be greater than replacing the seating in s82. Provided there's demand the obvious place for that would be to put the away support in the upper Lansdown and rail seating the whole of the Atyeo. 

Archived