IGNORED

Terrible form of the top six

Major Isewater

Yep , the top six are generally in terrible form so it’s not just us .

Is it nerves ?

The shame is that we didn’t get all three points today but somehow we are closer to Preston than we were this morning.

Brentford a shocking run as well .

Fulham now a huge game . 

I still fear it will come down to our last game of the season to get the last play off place . 

Building up stocks of Isewater’s Squeaky Bum Oil as I write. 

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Is it nerves ?

The shame is that we didn’t get all three points today but somehow we are closer to Preston than we were this morning.

Fulham now a huge game . 

I still fear it will come down to our last game of the season to get the last play off place . 

If you want to be picky:

27970817-C04A-489B-95BB-D2A8F000A9BF.thumb.jpeg.ad1bab095def6fe13e86e1cc3fbc987c.jpeg

....over the last 5 games there is no team in the top 17 in worse form than us!!

Brentford joint with us on 4 points from 5 games. And Sheffield Wed too.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If you want to be picky:

27970817-C04A-489B-95BB-D2A8F000A9BF.thumb.jpeg.ad1bab095def6fe13e86e1cc3fbc987c.jpeg

....over the last 5 games there is no team in the top 17 in worse form than us!!

Both Hull & Boro on the slide....Wigan showing some decent form, Brum's only win in 5 against us?, Brentford have hit the buffers, we've conceded more goals than Wigan, Boro have scored less goals (34, worst in division) than Wigan, Hull have only scored 2 goals less than us (but will be lucky to score another this season after Bowen & Grosicki departed in Jan window).

It's a bonkers league.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If you want to be picky:

There’s as many green Ws in the bottom third of that table as there is in the top!

Just proves how unpredictable and even the Championship is. My assessment is that it’s a very average division this year, with a lot of average teams, and you don’t have to be very good to still have a chance of finishing top six.

PS - that table suggests Brentford only have one point from their last five.

We were one point better off, in 6th place, at this stage last season, following a 1-1 home draw with Ipswich. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47450245 

As It Stood

Team P GD Pts
1   Leeds 37 25 73
2   Norwich 36 27 72

3   Sheff Utd 37 29 71
4   West Brom 36 20 61
5   Middlesbrough 35 13 58
6   Bristol City 36 7 55

7   Derby 36 2 55
8   Nottm Forest 36 10 53
9   Sheff Wed 37 -5 52
10   Aston Villa 36 9 51
11   Preston 36 6 51
12   Birmingham 36 7 50
13   Hull 36 -1 50
14   Brentford 36 11 49
15   Swansea 35 2 47
16   Blackburn 37 -6 47
17   Stoke 36 -5 45
18   QPR 36 -13 43
19   Reading 37 -16 36
20   Wigan 37 -19 36
21   Millwall 36 -16 34

22   Rotherham 36 -21 33
23   Bolton 37 -34 29
24   Ipswich 37 -32 23
View full Championship table

18 minutes ago, RedM said:

City aside, I'm shocked at 'boro this season.

Middlesbrough have been flogging quite a bit of their top talent, for combined reasons of FFP and parachute payments running out.

Lady season it was Gibson, Traore, Bamford. This season Braithwaite, Randolph in January. Fielding more youth too, that's just off the top of my head. Oh yeah Flint. 

Think they're in transition.

Thought Derby would be higher too, lost some but decent manager in on paper at least, adding Bielik, Clarke and since January Rooney. 

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

There’s as many green Ws in the bottom third of that table as there is in the top!

Just proves how unpredictable and even the Championship is. My assessment is that it’s a very average division this year, with a lot of average teams, and you don’t have to be very good to still have a chance of finishing top six.

PS - that table suggests Brentford only have one point from their last five.

No, 4 draws from 5

27 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Is it nerves ?

Fulham now a huge game . 

Is that oil available in most Chemist's? If so, I'd like to get some for normal daily use.

Archived