IGNORED

Are we Tottenham in disguise

Abraham Romanovich

On the BBC there is this article about Tottenham's performance against Wolves.  Looks like we are in good company could have been written about us.

"However, Tottenham are continuously playing in systems it looks like they don't understand. There is no identity as to what they are as a football club right now or what they want to be."

"I cannot remember the last time Tottenham played well. They have been getting results but I cannot see a system being put in place."

" I probably couldn't name four players that I know for a fact are going to start in the team."

"There are not many teams in the history of football that, if they change their two centre-halves as often as Tottenham do, are successful. Partnerships have to be made and Spurs do not have one right now." and finally 

"In the weirdest way possible, I would rather be losing games but seeing a performance that suggests it is going to come good."

26 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

"In the weirdest way possible, I would rather be losing games but seeing a performance that suggests it is going to come good."

This, this and this.

26 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

On the BBC there is this article about Tottenham's performance against Wolves.  Looks like we are in good company could have been written about us.

"However, Tottenham are continuously playing in systems it looks like they don't understand. There is no identity as to what they are as a football club right now or what they want to be."

"I cannot remember the last time Tottenham played well. They have been getting results but I cannot see a system being put in place."

" I probably couldn't name four players that I know for a fact are going to start in the team."

"There are not many teams in the history of football that, if they change their two centre-halves as often as Tottenham do, are successful. Partnerships have to be made and Spurs do not have one right now." and finally 

That's what happens when you have your two best influential players out injured 

We could be Spurs in disguise.

Let's look at the evidence;

1 Both have beaten the Rovers on TV

2 Both have worn Yellow as an away kit

3 Both have/will have Hummel as kit supplier

4 Both have had a Mabbutt in their first team.

Any more compelling evidence to confirm the suggestion?

27 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Both beat Man United at home in 2017

Funny old game. Winning is really all that matters but to fill media time, BBC, TalkSport etc relatively unimportant things have taken over the airwaves and sports pages like, possession (when did that ever matter), shots on target,, corners, number of team changes (why wouldnt you make a lot of changes if you have a lot og games and a lot of good players?

I noticed the headlines today about Spurs; "Mourinho the Meddler" in the Times - just a pointless headline aimed at criticing the club. LJ get criticised by the media and some on this forum if he doesnt change the team (we have abig squad) and one player has a bad game but then he also gets criticised if he 'tinkers', ie makes 1 or 2 changes. Of course those that want to will ALSO criticse him for 6 changes at Millwall. Have seen the shambles at Huddersfield, i think was absolutely right to make 6 changes; if we'd won with the clear penalty, he wouldnt have been called a genius for 6 changes but if we'd lost he would have been criticised for 'major meddling'.

Bottom line is the press or a forum can criticise ever player, manager, team, division - they they choose; or we can be positive which is my preference for every topic related to City and save all criticism for the gas

39 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

we can be positive which is my preference for every topic related to City and save all criticism for the gas

Have you thought about changing your user name to North Korean Red ?

We all support City but to stick your head in the sand and gloss over problems is unhelpful.and would make this forum pretty dull.

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Both have a T somewhere in the club name. Conclusive. 

Archived