IGNORED

The New Singing Section

LSN

This time last year most of us were sayin about how the atmosphere can liven up. We needed a new singing section and the East End was the answer. So it proved when continuely asking for it back, we were given it. The East End was a revelation, with away fans now saying that Ashton Gate was rocking! Who will ever forget the Hartrlepool game 2nd leg in the East End? The best atmosphere I have encountered on my trips to see City. I want that again. So, we will continue to ask for the East End back, we will continue to fight for it, we will always remember how good it was in there.

However, this will take time once again. We may go without it for half a season at the very least. Is it back to the same old boring atmosphere of bitty singing, mixed up songs by the Ateo and Dolman? As much as both stands try, the acoustics of the stands and the distances of each set of singing fans make it too hard to sing along and muster up a decent noise.

When Ashton Gate gets the "Come on you Reds" chant going, we then see the difference. I know it's the now League One, very poor teams in this league, but we need to do our very best of how to make our Ground atmospheric.

The Yellow Subbers realised this aswell as everyone else. There is enough of them to make a difference. Full of young and old, full of pride and passion like any other City Fan is, they sing and shout for our Club. This is a plea for any non season ticket holder like myself.

!COME IN THE WILLIAMS!

There will be about 50 loud singers in there overall. Now is the time to make a difference. The Williams block E which is nearest the away fans is where we will all be sat. Don't get me wrong, I am not a Yellow Subber, but regularly post on that forum and after seeing what a difference the East End was, I will be sat amongst like supporters who are not afraid of shouting for the sake of City.

Reasons to join us are:

1) The availabilty of spaces there. Not a lot of season Ticket fans so anyone without a season ticket can move to where they see fit.

2) Near the away fans to hopefully put them off singing for their team.

3) It's a new section for like minded supporters so we will not disrupt any familly or older generations supporters who do not wish to shout and sing, just to watch the game.

4) The fans who usually sit in the williams, generally join in with singing. Many derby games in the past, songs were started in the Williams.

5) Hopefully to annoy the directors so they will allow us in the East End quicker! :P

This is the start of something new. Come on in and give it a go! We need your help as well as you need ours! The Ateo and Dolman are great places to sing and shout, but it is hard to get in with the right crowd as avalibilty for seats are minimul. The Williams is easy to access and easy to move around.

Remember, when you start a chant, instead of the usual "shhhhhhushhhhh" you will be backed by 50 lads (and with your help even more!) intent on helping you create an atmosphere.

Come and join us in the Williams Lads and Lasses, lets make Ashton Gate Great again!

PS, The first East End Trial saw 20-30 people in there. After a few months, almost 1000 were in there regularly!

good post mate, the point about the singers is that we

really need them in one area to make any sort of difference

now the subbers are not looking for compitition in the who

can out sing what stand we want singing for the team and the

team only but if we can make others sing then great.

i feel the only answer to this is for us all to

be in the east end together, we all felt comfortable in there

with each other we all gelled in there as a supporters team

from people that moved from the atyeo,

dolman and the williams to the east end to make a atmosphere,

i don't think any one would do the same for other parts of

the ground which is a shame i just hope we can return there

at some point this season.

most of the subbers got season tickets for the williams when

we really thought we were going up and playing the big sides

which meant no east end due to their demand and

also at the time the tickets were at a reduced price, but

we would all gladly swap our tickets to sit in the east end

with other singers, the point about the directors may not

work as we all know our chairman wants us to sing and get

behined the team no matter where we are sat.

I have just arranged a lift for the Torquay game so i will get my ticket tomorrow. How many singers/subbers expected in E block of Williams.

E Block isnt the block directly next to the tunnel is it, because thats covered up.(I think)

Also, Is there any chance of the East End being open

I have just arranged a lift for the Torquay game so i will get my tickets tomorrow. How many singers/subbers expected in E block of Williams.

E Block isnt the block directly next to the tunnel is it, because thats covered up.(I think)

E BLOCK is right in the corner upper williams near

the away fans right next to the big clock.

there is about 40 subbers with season tickets there

and and expected 20 who with pay as you go but could

well be more.

In the past the far block has been covered, upper and lower. But Block E is where we are all sitting.

Come on! enjoy it with us!

yep agreed. the point is it is not about the subbers

but city fans in one area singing for the team in

a way we did in the east end, ok it is not the east

end but we have to make a effort to get a atmosphere

going.

The thing is everyone and you all have to realise this:- This is a plea, but with your help the amount of people in this section singing will grow and grow and grow. If there are only the 50 or so people in there this time, doesn't mean that there isn't going to be double that the next game. Keep coming! With everyones help and spread of word, the williams can be the unexpected cover for the East End.

Again, the East End first had 30 or so people in it, then after a few months it had upto 1000 in there, this very well could be the same with the Williams!

Spread the word.

Thats the thing I think people have a problem with, if they are 'allowed'. I'm not part of the yellow subbers, but they welcome me onto their forum, they welcome me to sit near them. It's up to you where you sit, all this is basicaly saying is that there is a new singing sectioon for like minded people to sit and sing on the team without anoying anyone around them.

There are about 30 of the subbers there, 20 others with no connection to the subbers apart from wanting to have a good time. We are all City fans at the end of the day and I want to see as many other City fans in there as possible!

So I haven't bought my season ticket yet.  I used to sit in the Dolman but fancy a change and want somewhere with singing, should I head for the top of the Atyeo or (if I am allowed!!) join the subbers in the Williams?

come and join us in the williams as i've said it is not

about being a subber you don't have to be a subber or

even wear a marigold glove :D but it's just like minded

people singing for the team.

We are all starting off in E Block, which is the far upper tier of the Williams. Bring all your loud mouthed City Mates!

PS no way am I wearing a yellow marigold, I dont know the subbers well enough for any hanky panky just yet up there :city::D

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I'd love to see the look on the faces of the grey battalion that sit in the old enclosure when they realise they've got a rowdy mob sat behind them :D:city::)

Guest Levster

i would love to join you, but, i got my season ticket in the atyeo because i though that is wear the best singing place is!!!

I'm annoyed now cuse i was looking forward to singign my heart out with a buch of lads, is the band going into the williams or are they still in the atyeo??

Yep heard you E blockers versus pompey coming out with the lita and the coppers chant!- Quality. Keep up the good work lads!!

SING YOUR HEARTS OUR FOR THE LADS!!

Guest Red_Rat

I can get about 5ish people to come along, every little helps!! Providing you can swap match tickets, as i have my season ticket in Dolman B Block, but i could swap some tickets whenever i want a change.

Nice to see more people join in wherever it is in the ground.

The effect from the EE last season was there for anyone to witness, unfortunately the club has decided that it will not reopen this season unless there is a large enough demand.

Therefore, the fans have decided that they want to be grouped as one vociferous backing and as time goes on the Williams will be the place to be heard this year.

We just hope that this doesn't interupt the other areas of the ground trying to make an impression, quite theopposite, and encourage you to back the team in a like manner

We'll be singing out to you;

We are the Williams

We are the Williams

We are the Williams of Ashton Gate

Guest Neilio
Nice to see more people join in wherever it is in the ground.

The effect from the EE last season was there for anyone to witness, unfortunately the club has decided that it will not reopen this season unless there is a large enough demand.

Therefore, the fans have decided that they want to be grouped as one vociferous backing and as time goes on the Williams will be the place to be heard this year.

We just hope that this doesn't interupt the other areas of the ground trying to make an impression, quite theopposite, and encourage you to back the team in a like manner

We'll be singing out to you;

We are the Williams

We are the Williams

We are the Williams of Ashton Gate

And most probrally we will be singing back

We are the Atyeo

We are the Atyeo

We are the Atyeo of Ashton Gate...

How good would it sound if dolmann sang aswell all in unison....

Guest WillsbridgeRed
And most probrally we will be singing back

We are the Atyeo

We are the Atyeo

We are the Atyeo of Ashton Gate...

How good would it sound if dolmann sang aswell all in unison....

And we'll be saying "can you hear something, it sounds like it's coming from the Atyeo - Must be the keeper shouting at his defence"

Guest Neilio
And we'll be saying "can you hear something, it sounds like it's coming from the Atyeo - Must be the keeper shouting at his defence"

Theres the friendliness we need.... We were all geting caught up in the moment where we said city fans could sing together...

Archived