IGNORED

Most Overpriced Player We Have Sold

Maesknoll Red

Umm..... Not very easy this one, which I suppose goes to the show we haven't exactly been the best exponents of the transfer market over the years ;)

Only other one I can think of (must be others though), was 'Dodgy' Dryden who Southampton somehow thought who could do a job in the top flight. :(

I think Southampton paid around about 200k for him, which I seem to recall was round about the figure we paid for him in the first place, so again you hardly say he was a good investment.

Guest Withnail

Jim Brennan. Over a million pound fee if I remember rightly, and didn't exactly set the world on fire at Nottingham Forest. Plying his trade at Norwich now if I remember correctly.

Guest BTR_FTG

Brennan's not a bad shout, though I'd plump for Peter Spiring who Liverpool paid a prince's ransom for & who thereafter onlym though rarely, graced the turf at Hereford. Shame, as he looked as though he might have made it when at The Gate.

BTR

FTG

I'm with you on Ralph milne, I was stunned when Man U came in for him. I thought they had good scouts! :sport18:

Ralph Milne! :ph34r:

I think that Ferguson thought he could get him off the bottle, but no-one could believe that price!

I always thought Keith Curle was overpriced as well. His speed covered up for his lack of positioning and he always looked like what he was (a converted winger).

Cooper was a great salesman, and always claimed he was going to be Englands left back in future, nobody seemed to notice that he never played him there for us! :):D

Guest kiwired

I thought that when Reading signed Keith Curle for 150,000 they got a bargain even if that was a big fee at the time, especially as they sold him to Wimbledon a few months later for 500,000. I was a bit surprised he went on to play for England though.

I reckon the best deal we've had when getting rid of dead wood wasn't a player but when Portsmouth actually paid us compensation to take Pulis off our hands,

MUGS

I thought that when Reading signed Keith Curle for 150,000 they got a bargain even if that was a big fee at the time, especially as they sold him to Wimbledon a few months later for 500,000.  I was a bit surprised he went on to play for England though.

I reckon the best deal we've had when getting rid of dead wood wasn't a player but when Portsmouth actually paid us compensation to take Pulis off our hands,

MUGS

<br /> Obviously my memory's going as I thought we got the 500k, hence my post. I had forgotten the Gary Collier affair, he was the reason that the City panicked and gave the rest of the team stupidly long contracts leading to the Ashton 8 debacle.

He was great for us but I don't think he played 6 games for Cov before going to the states never to be heard of again.

Guest profplum86

Torpey was great, and although akinbiyi was pretty good for us, we did sort of flog a dead stick with him

worst loss:( has got to be tony thorpe - or maybe agostino

Archived