IGNORED

What can you see from your garden?

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Not far away from Bunbury Big Tone, just north on the coast. Original post “what can you see from your garden” ? Lucky enough to look over the Lake Preston / Myalup National park from the front deck and on the other side 10 minutes walk to the beach. It makes staying at home in relative isolation not too bad.

Katherine in the NT you have mentioned, now that’s a strange spot in the middle of the NT. That’s another place I know quite well as we lived in Darwin for 8 years late 90s 

I stayed in Katherine for the night when a few friends and me decided to take a road trip from Darwin to Sydney. It took us 2 months.

Absolutely loved Townsville but Sydney I wasnt too keen on.

5 hours ago, BigTone said:

I spent a while living in Palmerston just outside Darwin (circa 85 / 86) heading out towards Harold Springs (played a number of games for Darwin Olympic). Started a building supply business in Katherine when they started building the Tindall RAAF base and then sold it on before moving to Toowoomba.  Built a lot of houses for the NT Housing Commision on Aborigine encampments all over and also in Timber Creek.  Also had a branch office in Alice. Not an easy place for the family to live but great fun none the less.

Folks live in Goolwa south of Adelaide. They are in their mid nineties so I normally visit every 4 or 5 months but that is obviously not possible at the moment. The rest all live around Seaford, Christie's Beach & Hallet Cove on Adelaide Southside.

Support Port Adelaide in AFL.......Carn Pear !!

Glad you support Port and not the Crows. On South of Adelaide Christies Beach is a great spot. I often have to visit Noarlunga Colonadies on my SA trips for work. Looks like though no interstate travel for me for some time. I work across WA/NT/SA.

And no UK visits for a while also. 

Palmerston - well we owned a house in Moulden. Son and his family have a 9 acre property in Humpty doo which you should know well, especially the pub.

6 hours ago, City oz said:

Glad you support Port and not the Crows. On South of Adelaide Christies Beach is a great spot. I often have to visit Noarlunga Colonadies on my SA trips for work. Looks like though no interstate travel for me for some time. I work across WA/NT/SA.

And no UK visits for a while also. 

Palmerston - well we owned a house in Moulden. Son and his family have a 9 acre property in Humpty doo which you should know well, especially the pub.

Does it still have the cow that drinks Darwin stubbies ?

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Does it still have the cow that drinks Darwin stubbies ?

It’s come up market a bit now. It has a good bottle shop, good food and on Sunday arvos the local bikies still drive their harleys in to the bar area.

ill have to check with my lad to see if its still open with the restrictions in the Darwin area.

10 minutes ago, City oz said:

It’s come up market a bit now. It has a good bottle shop, good food and on Sunday arvos the local bikies still drive their harleys in to the bar area.

ill have to check with my lad to see if its still open with the restrictions in the Darwin area.

You mean it wasn't up market before !! Rather expect said cow has been well barbecued by now. Always enjoyed the Howard Springs pub as well. Nice lunch in the Berrimah also.

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

You mean it wasn't up market before !! Rather expect said cow has been well barbecued by now. Always enjoyed the Howard Springs pub as well. Nice lunch in the Berrimah also.

TheBerrima is now a Harvey Norman Store. 

Here’s a test for you. What was the special event at the Winnellie pub on a friday lunch time.

7 minutes ago, City oz said:

TheBerrima is now a Harvey Norman Store. 

Here’s a test for you. What was the special event at the Winnellie pub on a friday lunch time.

Stuffed if I can remember but was it crab races ?

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Stuffed if I can remember but was it crab races ?

Strip and prawn lunch. It was so popular at one stage they had to limit the patronage to 200. At least once a month the Darwin vice branch would raid the pub. It was a Tradie and Trucky icon for many years.

7 minutes ago, City oz said:

Strip and prawn lunch. It was so popular at one stage they had to limit the patronage to 200. At least once a month the Darwin vice branch would raid the pub. It was a Tradie and Trucky icon for many years.

Might have been after my time

Archived