IGNORED

Goal of the World Cup 2018

Port Said Red

The more I see of this goal, the more I fail to understand how it was not given as goal of the tournament. Three touches, at speed, without breaking stride! When you watch it in slow motion you can see how perfect the touches are, but it's only at full speed you can appreciate how fantastic it is, from left thigh to right foot and a volleyed touch to take it just wide enough to make room for the sublime finish. God I am missing football..........

In fairness I think Pavard's goal against Argentina won it, and that was a hell of a goal - running onto a half volley and hitting across the bottom of the ball to rifle it into the top corner with Roberto Carlos-esque laws of physics.*

*probably wasn't quite that good - but thats how I remember it ?

4 hours ago, cider-manc said:

In fairness I think Pavard's goal against Argentina won it, and that was a hell of a goal - running onto a half volley and hitting across the bottom of the ball to rifle it into the top corner with Roberto Carlos-esque laws of physics.*

*probably wasn't quite that good - but thats how I remember it ?

Yep, it was that good. Perfect connection and technique. You won't see better.

18 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

The Magnus effect, a beautiful thing

I think ive seen that demonstrated off of a big dam with a basketball at some point on the Internet. Back spin sends it way off into the distance compared to the straight drop.

17 hours ago, Gazred said:

I think ive seen that demonstrated off of a big dam with a basketball at some point on the Internet. Back spin sends it way off into the distance compared to the straight drop.

I found it! I think it should now be known, at least in football ciircles as the Pavard effect.

Archived