IGNORED

Leroy Lita - Over-hyped & Over-rated?

Riaz

I'm seeing more and more posts about Leroy being over-rated etc, which maybe true, but remember one thing, we are the ones who are over-rating him and Leroy's done nothing wrong.

I just hope we dont start giving him stick and force out the club like we did to Joe Burnell, who was a poor player. I think with time Leroy could develop into a quality player, but lets be patient with him!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I think people for so desperate for a shining light last season he has had a huge amount of expectation dumped on his shoulders - JUST like Lee Miller pre-season.

Now we've signed Gillespie and Heffernan he'll dissapear from the front of peoples minds, letting him concentraite on his finishing.

Just for the record, I have been saying on here he is over-rated because I truly believe he is (as is Scoot), but that's another issue.

However, if you mean, by your comment

I just hope we dont start giving him stick
that you hope this doesn't happen on the pitch, I can assure you that it won't be me doing it. I support all the players on the pitch.

I won't be a complete hypocrite though and join in the chanting of his name when he does something worthy such as concede a throw-in cos that is just stupid in my book, especially when there are players on the pitch who can have a bigger impact on the game, yet get no vocal support whatsoever. I see this as plainly wrong!

The sad thing is he COULD be very good, but we just don't know yet.

Don't forget he's still a young lad and all we have to go on so far is a few sub-appearances. I think he's done alright and he's shown a refreshing desire to shoot on sight rather than passing the responsibility to someone else. And despite his size, he seems able to hold the ball up and win headers.

If he's given chance he could still develop into an exceptional player, so lets not write him off yet.

Unfortunately, with the arrival of Heffernan and Gillespie, he might struggle to get the chances he needs. (not through lack of ability, but because new players are always going to get the first chance to shine)

kind of agree with what you're saying about how the fans over-rated him if anyone did but I don't think he is over-rated.

I think people are just being daft because he hasn't been on TOP form.

People now just expect him to hit the back of the net everytime he gets the ball. It's totally unfair expectations and criticisms when he doesn't.

He was given no chance by DW, now let him develop without slagging him off everytime he doesn't score a hat-trick within 5 minutes.

Archived