IGNORED

Euro 96

Bristol Rob

1 hour ago, ITK..... said:

Probably not. I might get hammered for this shout but Matt le tiss !!! If he would left Southampton and if England were brave enough to pick him more ...boy he had some talent.

There have been countless English players with outstanding talent, very few seem to have had chance to display it on the international stage.

Look at the scoring record of Brian Clough, or somehow, how Joe Cole never reached world-class status, you could even add Jack Wilshire to the list, or Tony Currie.

All, what-ifs, but them we go back to Gazza and the injury problems he had....

Gazza was a great player, but I'd leave him on the bench for Gerrard.

9 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Reckon Southgate could be a manager some day.

Pish!

Too soft. Media work is the best that posh-boy can hope for.

Can you imagine him trying to motivate a player who might earn between £5,000 and £10,000 a WEEK?

Adams and Pearce, yes. But Southgate? What you need is someone who can shout, rant and scream at players. Not some scientific approach to the game. All footballers, but the very nature of their employment are inherently stupid. With the odd exception. ?

20 hours ago, ITK..... said:

Probably not. I might get hammered for this shout but Matt le tiss !!! If he would left Southampton and if England were brave enough to pick him more ...boy he had some talent.

Glenn Hoddle never played for England anywhere near as much as he should have. He suffered back then by going to Monaco for four years. He was barely picked after he left Spurs.

On 15/05/2020 at 14:10, cityexile said:

I still to this day do not know how Gazza failed to connect with a tap in to score a golden goal winner against the Germans. I watched it live at Wembley, I have watched it countless of times since. He has to score.

Makes me want to cry thinking about it.  Fine lines and all that!

Archived