IGNORED

Home Advantage Gone?

brad blit

Morning all! Hope everyone is staying safe ?

I read a stat this morning from Bundesliga saying since restart there has only been 3 home wins in 22 games played, alaying to the idea that with no home crowds the home advantage has basically gone. 

Obviously City’s home form isn’t the best so I wondered whether having no spectators (and potentially less pressure) might help us at home games, so long as it dosnt have the opposite effect for away games...... 

15 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Morning all! Hope everyone is staying safe ?

I read a stat this morning from Bundesliga saying since restart there has only been 3 home wins in 22 games played, alaying to the idea that with no home crowds the home advantage has basically gone. 

Obviously City’s home form isn’t the best so I wondered whether having no spectators (and potentially less pressure) might help us at home games, so long as it dosnt have the opposite effect for away games...... 

We will still find some method of screwing it up. It's the City way.

Wolfsburg were piping crowd noises, which included constant shrill whistles when decisions went against them or when the oppo had posession. Maybe this can be midely effective? Without the fake crowd noises in other games, you could clearly hear profane language coming from the bench! Sky/BT etc might not like that!

19 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Our home form has been shite anyways so don't see that this makes any difference. Surely we cannot get any worse at home!?

This.

Any advantage / pressure change from being at home has to be a positive doesn't it? We're not great at home anyway and very good away. 

Bring on the Premier league then! ;)

Out of interest, I went through the remaining games and it worked out we go in to the PNE game 2 points ahead for 6th. 

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

This.

Any advantage / pressure change from being at home has to be a positive doesn't it? We're not great at home anyway and very good away. 

Out of interest, I went through the remaining games and it worked out we go in to the PNE game 2 points ahead for 6th. 

The EFL should stop pissing about and just hand us promotion right now .

#PrepareforthePrem

38 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

This.

Given the game is PNE, shame to miss out by 1 point 

• Admin
2 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

When do the Championship clubs have a meeting to decide on next steps?

I guess they will follow what the EPL decide today, but the plans for the Championship still remain to restart games on 13th June

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

Given the game is PNE, shame to miss out by 1 point 

I did wonder if the fixtures would be played out in the same order

Archived