IGNORED

Signs that City are on the up

Major Isewater

17 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I can’t argue with that.

On the face of it we are Premiership ‘ready’ apart from on the pitch. In normal times LJ would be under huge pressure if we had not been in the PL by now, but these are nothing like normal times.

If we don’t make the play - offs there are loads of excuses available and he will use them, make no mistake.

If , and it’s a big If, normal service is resumed next season, it’s promotion or bust for LJ.

We have a fantastic squad, we should be doing better.

Agree with a lot of this. I think playoff contending alright, as in position and results but style, confidence, control- quite a bit where it should be IMO.

Possibly should be 5th or 6th too. Playoffs must be the aim this year.

Premiership 'ready' off the pitch, we certainly are there or thereabouts, the problem is so are a fair number of clubs in terms of infrastructure. Nonetheless the pressure will be well and truly on next season.

All this predicated of course on some sort of shift back to normality.

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I think that in the coming years the return to sanity where salaries are concerned will benefit us. Even without a cap there will be far less clubs prepared to gamble on 1 successful season to reach the Prem

It has potential to benefit us but last accounts saw a wage to turnover ratio of a shade over 100%.

Unbelievably though that's one of the better at this level- and below the divisional average!! Shows how mad this level is though.  If a salary cap comes in it may help us. Less one year gambles also feel likely.

Archived