IGNORED

It's no Sensible Soccer...

Bristol Rob

7 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Another episode I recall was the one where I think Michael Rod said,(about flat screens) you'll be able to hang them on your wall

There are lots of different (and interesting) things posted from the BBC Archive twitter account, well worth a bit of time exploring.

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m still waiting for my personal hover car that they promised me in about 1980.

I always think L & H were before their time one episode driving in their car the music stops, they pull over lift the bonnet(hood) and wind up the gramophone(record player)  way before car radios etc existed.

Remember my mum told me when I was growing up that she was jealous of her cousins because they had Pong in their house and she didn't. I want to say it was on the Atari but could be wrong. 

Old football games are immense. 

Super soccer on the snes. Of all the wasted hours during my childhood, that might have raked up the most. 

10 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Football Manager and Match Day on the Spectrum 48k were the first football games i played. 

Both considered classics of their time now.

Yeap! My first home-computer introduction to football were both of those.

Moved from the Spectrum to Atari ST/Amiga where kick off and sensible soccer ruled!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yeap! My first home-computer introduction to football were both of those.

Moved from the Spectrum to Atari ST/Amiga where kick off and sensible soccer ruled!

Likewise, yet more classics of their time.

BBC did this thing on old sports games a while back. Plenty of classic football titles made the list.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/52353705

5 hours ago, Gazred said:

Football Manager and Match Day on the Spectrum 48k were the first football games i played. 

Both considered classics of their time now.

the single most influential bit of kit I ever brought, my life was defined by the hours I spent on it and I still have it must dig it out and see if it still works.

8 hours ago, The Batman said:

Remember my mum told me when I was growing up that she was jealous of her cousins because they had Pong in their house and she didn't. I want to say it was on the Atari but could be wrong. 

Super soccer on the snes. Of all the wasted hours during my childhood, that might have raked up the most. 

The first time I saw Pong, or something similar was on a “Grandstand” console.

I started off with Atari, but has ZX Spectrum, then C64 (great games computer), so my diet was Football Manager, Summer Games, and Leaderboard Golf.

Football Manager on the C64 used to take about 25 minutes to load via cassette.

12 hours ago, paul_fox said:

Sensible soccer was the first game I played. There was a club that met monthly at Ashton Gate in the players lounge to play tournaments. Remember Scott Davidson popping in one night 

When the expanded World of Sensible Soccer released, my cousin who was a pro for a small side in Australia was actually in the game. I thought that was so cool. His stats were crap mind ?

On 15/06/2020 at 14:18, The Batman said:

mine was on Binatone. In colour too! 

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The first time I saw Pong, or something similar was on a “Grandstand” console.

I started off with Atari, but has ZX Spectrum, then C64 (great games computer), so my diet was Football Manager, Summer Games, and Leaderboard Golf.

Football Manager on the C64 used to take about 25 minutes to load via cassette.

Yeah, the C64 was great. Likewise I spent a great deal of time on Football Manager, but also Platoon was mint. 

Archived