IGNORED

SL?

Langford Red

12 hours ago, milo1111 said:

I get the sentiment and there is merit in your point. But we weren’t fighting for a play off place today or for the last ten or so games before lockdown. We were/are a bit of a turgid mess and I can’t see how anyone can say otherwise.

i think we know where we are now. If Johnson is here next season we know that deep down lansdown is happy with being a mid table side and is just paying lip service to promotion. That’s fine but the biggest problem in my eyes is that Johnson’s football is unwatchable. Especially at home.

Looking at all valid points of view Johnson has progressively but very slowly achieved the club finishing higher each season. However the questions are is this good enough regardless of Covert restrictions, is this what City fans expect, how long can we keep waiting, Does LJ play the correct players on the day, does he play his reliable favourites and not look at the bigger picture with the quality he has available. As long as he is the manager he will do and get away with what he thinks best. Me personally we have come along way over the last 3 or so seasons but we need to be as a club being a threat to others and the way we are playing now and I could go back to the Blackburn game at home late last year we are not a threat to any clubs in the way we play. 

Many years ago I was an LJ critic when he played mid field for City. Ok he was a good player but just didn’t have the over all quality. I think same is asked now by many others and his peers if he has the ability to go further as a manager.

11 hours ago, NickJ said:

The most offensive issue for me today was LJ’s chav attire those tight tracksuit bottoms are not an image I would like to linger 

His track suit bottoms maybe his future attire in readiness for his coaching netball next year as he has to be good at coaching at least one code in the top level of sport.

14 hours ago, hodge said:

I'm sure Steve hates having a head coach who has taken us from being a relegation threatened team to a play off fighting team all while selling players for big money

I could see SL being happy if those sales were bringing the club real profit, but we are only just staying within FFP.

I doubt many owners would be too happy losing  10-15 million every season, for marginal improvements in league position, season on season.  LJ is pretty high maintenance and given the money he’s spent in transfers, and the losses by the club during his tenure, I’d be very surprised if SL is that happy with his bangs per bucks under LJ.  I certainly wouldn’t be, if I was in his shoes.

The problem for me is with just a small dip in results, any progress made under LJ in the last 4 years could easily all be lost in just one season.

Sadly LJ as a head coach mirrors LJ as a player ......unspectacular, but fairly steady and in truth, pretty dull, which is sadly also mirrored in his teams.

7 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I could see SL being happy if those sales were bringing the club real profit, but we are only just staying within FFP.

I doubt many owners would be too happy losing  10-15 million every season, for marginal improvements in league position, season on season.  LJ is pretty high maintenance and given the money he’s spent in transfers, and the losses by the club during his tenure, I’d be very surprised if SL is that happy with his bangs per bucks under LJ.  I certainly wouldn’t be, if I was in his shoes.

The problem for me is with just a small dip in results, any progress made under LJ in the last 4 years could easily all be lost in just one season.

Sadly LJ as a head coach mirrors LJ as a player ......unspectacular, but fairly steady and in truth, pretty dull, which is sadly also mirrored in his teams.

We made a pre-tax profit of ~£10m last set of accounts and that's with Adam Webster's transfer being in the 19/20 accounts rather than 18/19 to bolster them, so yes last summer it was 'real profit' and we're well inside FFP at the moment (or this 3 year period now even)

12 minutes ago, hodge said:
16 minutes ago, hodge said:

We made a pre-tax profit of ~£10m last set of accounts and that's with Adam Webster's transfer being in the 19/20 accounts rather than 18/19 to bolster them, so yes last summer it was 'real profit' and we're well inside FFP at the moment (or this 3 year period now even)

43 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I was under the impression we were sailing pretty close to the FFP limit after the Nakhi Wells signing and that was only made possible by selling Jamie Patterson, otherwise we’d have been in trouble.

Happy to stand corrected if that’s not the case.

Selling Jamie Patterson?!

14 hours ago, CityBS15 said:

Get a grip you melts.... We lost today, Blackburn were superior in the 2nd half!! Everyone losing their shit on here is quite embarrassing, we ain't gonna win every game.... Judge the bloke at the end of the season yeah, gobshites

How many seasons have you been watching city? I'm guessing not many or if you have been a supporter for many years then you hands must be sore with all that happy clapping.

Archived