IGNORED

Coaching team

dunsteral

4 hours ago, DSTAF said:

LJ has been a manager for seven years now.  He’s not achieved a play off place at any of his clubs.  Not a promotion to his name.  Yet he’s out there as some kind of Footballing guru. 

Exactly this, no achievements nothing nill zilch rien nowt fukall

* Never in the field of football management has one man spent so much, on so many, and achieved so little.

* with apologies to Winston Churchill ?

6 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Might City be compared with Exeter? What's behind their success? (I don't actually know)

Exeter or Worcester I'd say. A good money man backing them and savvy coaching appointments. SL dropped a bollock sticking with Andy Robinson which cost him relegation plus having his idiot mate Booy fronting the club. If the owner can put his ego to one side and think rationally City would be a very attractive proposition for a high grade coaching team 

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Strangely it could have worked because SL  is a decent man and I am sure Cloughy would have respected him whilst bringing home the trophies.

Dear Major, i'm afraid that Clough would be the last person that SL would have appointed. Cloughie would have shaken Ashton Gate from top to bottom. Like the FA , SL would have been frightened silly of anyone like him.

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

I would think any great Chairman would see how the remaining matches go.

Once it is certain we are not in the play offs the whole management teams go straight away.Then a new experienced manager who has won promotion into the Premiership is appointed straight away so he can get in his own management before the season kicks off.

If we reach the play offs and we fell, then they either replace the management or give them another six months.

If we reach the Premiership they give 100% support to the management during the short break. Then if we are really struggling in the first  half the season. Once again get a new management team in. Their can be NO sentiment.

i think you are confusing steve lansdown with someone who knows football 

Archived