IGNORED

Possible boost for Sunday?

Mr Popodopolous

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not to anywhere near the extent it’ll happen now. 
In a normal season a player might not be fully motivated come season end and maybe perform at 80%, and likely get dropped as a result, but this year they’ll all be playing at half pace once they realise they don’t actually need to be there putting themselves or their families in unnecessary danger. 

I mentioned this a couple of months ago, to me it doesn’t seem fair that before lockdown you will be playing a full strength team and now you are playing teams who have lost players. 

You could end up with teams playing lots of weakened teams whilst others could end up playing full strength.

Look at Burnley Monday couldn’t even fill a bench due to players not playing over contracts.

As you mentioned earlier the only reason games are being played is because of Money. Leagues lower done have called off seasons but where money talks games are played with weakened teams and teams (like Palace travelling up and down in 20 cars).

That is why I have lost interest in football at top level and will be watching mainly non league now for fans don’t matter anymore. With the season ticket fiasco from our club and changing KO times after just proves how much clubs care about there supporters.

16 minutes ago, daored said:

Maybe but I guess the question is would he improve our starting 11? the alternatives we have is Walsh ? I don’t see Morrell being that creative player 

Morrell is an interesting one.  Before he got some game time in 18/19, I’d not really seen much / anything of him, and the little bits I’d seem were that he was just a neat and tidy player.

Now I’ve seen him quite a bit, and in different roles.

From the DM for Wales, which is I suspect what most people see him as, to the more advanced / progressive v Bolton and on the odd occasion for Lincoln.

He has more to his game than just sitting in front of a back 4 where he has v.good awareness.  He is always on the move, creates angles, breaks line etc

I really want to see him get his chance here.

21 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I mentioned this a couple of months ago, to me it doesn’t seem fair that before lockdown you will be playing a full strength team and now you are playing teams who have lost players. 

You could end up with teams playing lots of weakened teams whilst others could end up playing full strength.

Look at Burnley Monday couldn’t even fill a bench due to players not playing over contracts.

As you mentioned earlier the only reason games are being played is because of Money. Leagues lower done have called off seasons but wherefeet money talks games are played with weakened teams and teams (like Palace travelling up and down in 20 cars).

That is why I have lost interest in football at top level and will be watching mainly non league now for fans don’t matter anymore. With the season ticket fiasco from our club and changing KO times after just proves how much clubs care about there supporters.

I agree with you. I'm happy to watch the joy of the youngsters of my local team. Club happy (one of the biggest in Sweden at youth level) to get boys and girls on their feet having no ambition to progress. Good players will move on but we are not there for them. Schools out and now football school for free. At lunchtime they go swimming. Leaders 14-15 year old. Love listening to the buzz from the garden.    

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Morrell is an interesting one.  Before he got some game time in 18/19, I’d not really seen much / anything of him, and the little bits I’d seem were that he was just a neat and tidy player.

From the DM for Wales, which is I suspect what most people see him as, to the more advanced / progressive v Bolton and on the odd occasion for Lincoln.

He has more to his game than just sitting in front of a back 4 where he has v.good awareness.  He is always on the move, creates angles, breaks line etc

His accuracy in passing is exceptional

2 hours ago, DSTAF said:

Away win written all over this. 

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

We haven't been set up right for a long time though when it's been so obvious for so long that something is not working, so I can't see us playing differently on Sunday unfortunately. Full of joy aren't I!

Sadly I am thinking you are both right. It's an opportunity to take advantage though. Or should be- mind you so was Blackburn's issues at full back and we failed miserably!

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Morrell and Walsh get a proper chance. I certainly hope they do and I hope LJ will set up in a way that gives them their chance to shine.

Most of our team for that matter but their progress next season will be one to look forward to.

5 hours ago, swanker said:

Got a hard days graft in the hot sun. News like this will make my day that much more bearable. I can’t wait to see what we do against a weakened Wednesday side?

Why is it weakened?  None of last weeks starters are unavailable.  Even Fox etc is still eligible.

Archived