IGNORED

Next 3 Games

DC10

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

All this talk of making the playoffs feels so farcical given how we've been playing. 

It feels like these threads talking about winning the next 'X' games and getting 'X' points and making the playoffs is talking about a completely different City team full of confidence, on form, making a late charge for the playoffs where you actually feel confident they can win a game. Have people been watching our performances? If the season started 8 games ago (for example) we'd be battling relegation and there wouldn't be any talk of promotion - and this form doesn't look like improving. This season is over.  I admire peoples optimism, but this talk of making the playoffs is delusional, like people have forgotten about the mess we're in and think we're a completely different team.

I think a lot of decisions are needed by the City hierarchy during the off season and questions need to be asked about what Citys ambitions are and whether Lee is the right man for the job as, unfortunately i think he has taken us as far as he can (an established Championship side when you look at the overall season) but I think he's lost the team - not saying they dislike him, but just that they don't get what he's asking of them. Don't understand the tactics and don't beleive in them when they're on the pitch. 

Such a disapointing time to be a City fan right now.

You're absolutely right in what you say. But what I have learnt is that under Johnson you can never predict what comes next. No win in 6, always seems to roughly end in an horrendously undeserved backs to the wall 1-0 win, followed by a random cluster of wins. Still without any style or noticeable cohesion.

All of my non City supporting mates have picked up on that trend as well, they keep telling me we may have timed our poor run bang on as they're sure we are about to embark on our usual cluster of wins!

Its the hope that kills you!

We need to win 4, draw 3 and lose 1 of our last 8 to match 2018/19.  That leaves us in 70 points....that won’t be enough.  I reckon the minimum we might get away with is 73.  72 won’t be enough with our goal difference.  That means we need a stellar run.  In some respects draws are no good.  I think we need to at least win one of our 6 pointers v Cardiff and Forest, we have to gain ground on them, matching them is no good.

6 hours ago, DC10 said:

Following today’s results do we think it’s probably fair to say that the next 3 games will make or break the rest of the season? 

The way all teams are dropping points up and down the table to be taking points from your nearest rivals has to be the priority. I’m not sure LJ knows his strongest 11 but I think he should avoid the temptation to rotate too much until the Hull/Boro games. 

I'm more concerned that City have the worst goals difference in the top half and City have conceded the most in the top half. That tells me we are weak at conceding goals. 

When you see the likes of Wells and Afobe on the bench,  it don't give me confidence in the manager. 

1 minute ago, City1970 said:

I'm more concerned that City have the worst goals difference in the top half and City have conceded the most in the top half. That tells me we are weak at conceding goals. 

When you see the likes of Wells and Afobe on the bench,  it don't give me confidence in the manager. 

Wells is a funny one.  Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a v.good striker....but LJ has called him out at least twice since he’s been here.  You wonder whether Wells speaks his mind (no bad thing imho), and LJ doesn’t like it. 

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

With our dismal goal difference we probably need 10 points from the next 9 to have any chance.

10 points from the next 9 games? really!! I would think 17 at least to have any chance of the playoffs. (or were you being sarcastic)

6 hours ago, billywedlock said:

After a poor result we generally come back better so a win tomorrow is very much likely. Wednesday are in no mans land so should not be going for it. This season will go to the last couple of games for that 6 th spot. But with a GD of -4 we are already in a heady position. 

But are still awaiting the result of their ground sale/FFP enquiry which is going on at the moment and could well result in a points deduction leaving them in a relegation fight. They`re going to want some points on the board as a safety net.

Wednesday are and always will be a big strong team ala Brum/Blackburn/WBA our weak midfield will do well not to be bullied, if we can feed and play our forwards in we will score, but they need to be forward not helping out in midfield, the players may be up for a telly performance if not 0-0  bore draw is favourite

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

We need to win 4, draw 3 and lose 1 of our last 8 to match 2018/19.  That leaves us in 70 points....that won’t be enough.  I reckon the minimum we might get away with is 73.  72 won’t be enough with our goal difference.  That means we need a stellar run.  In some respects draws are no good.  I think we need to at least win one of our 6 pointers v Cardiff and Forest, we have to gain ground on them, matching them is no good.

Agree with that, so we probably need to win 5 from 8 and as we have only won 1 from the last 8 the chances of that happening are very slim indeed. 

Archived