IGNORED

Rick Parry- doubling down on Parachute Payments, EFL Reform, Wage Caps possibly

Mr Popodopolous

It has been painstakingly obvious that there need to be new financial rules/regulations. Think it was Kieran Maguire that said a huge majority of football clubs are loss-taking businesses? 

I just don't know how the EFL will be able to implement the rules without certain clubs getting extremely aggrieved. And it is also obvious that the Premier League won't implement any, as that will help speed up the European Super League and clubs like Man City/Liverpool leaving to join.

Think he mentioned it yeah.

The European Super League, it's interesting you should mention that- legal opinion is of course varied but read in a couple of places that there is potential for such a League to fall foul of European Law- probably in certain circumstances.

PL won't, you're right.

Championship. It's a great League, a very enjoyable League- it's also with some exceptions, a financial disasterclass! Even the positive examples aren't, can't be often, recurring- think wages alone are in excess as an average of 100%- maybe 107% of turnover- that tells you all you ned to know!

EFL can't enforce anything in terms of changes of this nature without a required divisional majority in the first instance. Was 18/24 (I think), but it's now 16/24- could easily be the case that you can't get a majority and things just roll on.

Premier League won't, because it'll stop the big teams being able to compete with the big teams of Europe for players.

I'm kinda in disagreement with every club in the league having the same cash amount wage limit - there are teams with higher attendances who earn more, whilst there are teams who can't afford the wage limit. Also, I think limiting it will hinder clubs when they get promoted, and create a greater disparity between the Premier League and the Championship. I also think it will create more talent to go to Premier League sides, for higher wages. Those PL sides will then loan players to football league sides for a higher loan fee, but a lower wage percentage, thus allowing bigger clubs to bypass the problem.

I do think that the parachute payments need to be changed. I think clubs need to stop overspending. I don't know what the answer is, but I personally think that having everyone having the same wage limit is not it.

Premier League won't, because it'll stop the big teams being able to compete with the big teams of Europe for players.

I'm kinda in disagreement with every club in the league having the same cash amount wage limit - there are teams with higher attendances who earn more, whilst there are teams who can't afford the wage limit. Also, I think limiting it will hinder clubs when they get promoted, and create a greater disparity between the Premier League and the Championship. I also think it will create more talent to go to Premier League sides, for higher wages. Those PL sides will then loan players to football league sides for a higher loan fee, but a lower wage percentage, thus allowing bigger clubs to bypass the problem.

I do think that the parachute payments need to be changed. I think clubs need to stop overspending. I don't know what the answer is, but I personally think that having everyone having the same wage limit is not it.

On 30/06/2020 at 22:59, Harry said:

Interesting idea. I’d go further and say ‘own academy prospects who live within x mile radius’ (perhaps 50 miles or something). 

That way, it stops the big clubs hoovering up all the talented kids and ensures it’s only the true, local kids. 

I can remember that there used to be some sort of ruling like this. 
When my cousins were playing football their team had someone who Villa were interested in. So Villa invited the whole team up plus other teams for a mini tournament. I think there was some technicality’s that if that team came to your area you could then approach. 
Could be wrong though but I’m sure that’s how I remember it. 

Archived