IGNORED

Be careful what you wish for - Moyes article

DaveInSA

Ignoring Moyes for a moment, your thread title is something that I do have some slight concerns about, probably because of what happened after Gary J left. I don’t want to go back to league one! Don’t get me wrong, LJ’s time was up and we are in far better shape off the field now to continue to compete at the top end of the championship, but we do need to get the next appointment right. 

40 minutes ago, eardun said:

Ignoring Moyes for a moment, your thread title is something that I do have some slight concerns about, probably because of what happened after Gary J left. I don’t want to go back to league one! Don’t get me wrong, LJ’s time was up and we are in far better shape off the field now to continue to compete at the top end of the championship, but we do need to get the next appointment right. 

That's what bothers me. Yes it was time for Lee to go but it was nice to have stability for a few years. I just don't want a change of  manager again every year!  

1 minute ago, Midred said:

That's what bothers me. Yes it was time for Lee to go but it was nice to have stability for a few years. I just don't want a change of  manager again every year!  

Given SL’s reputation the chopping and changing of manager is very unlikely, but whoever comes should be under no illusion as to the expectations - the playoffs at least.

This is going to be a really big call by SL and the board. We have a lot of good players, especially if you include those who have been out on loan. With the exception perhaps of Afobe, and maybe a strong midfield player (could Henriksen have just stayed a bit longer), a good manager should be able to forge a winning team from the extended squad.

Archived