IGNORED

Will fans be allowed in next season?

reddogkev

23 minutes ago, City1970 said:

If everyone wore masks like in shops as from next weekend, then why can't we all see City at the Gate? 

Because that's not how social distancing works, you're still less than 1m away, masks reduce transmission they don't stop it completely

9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Because that's not how social distancing works, you're still less than 1m away, masks reduce transmission they don't stop it completely

Your observation that masks don't stop it completely is spot on, even the scientists worked that out. 

When I am at the Gate, I don't come within 1 metre of anybody face to face. 

If it's ok for shops, public transport, pubs and restaurants it must be low risk at football. 

We will see in October/November even when the virus is still here. 

Its all risk based. 

1 minute ago, winsaw said:

I see the premium league is in talks with the government to have fans in the grounds for the friendly matched before next season starts to prove kit can work, 

Every club should be able to do a test even in pre-season imo, cricket, snooker and goodwood are being used as test events but a sport as popular as football needs test events so for all involved there can be peace of mind and an understanding of how it'll work for fans and staff. If its 20% - 25% capacity then at the biggest grounds you're still talking 10,000 - 15,000 people in attendance so needs work.

Archived