IGNORED

Weight Loss Tips/Suggestions

Yank

On 17/07/2020 at 15:55, Redpool said:

Buy a programme from someone who has been to uni and studied science nutrition, or someone who knows how to count macros and help you enjoy the foods you eat while still losing weight.

I'm on a reverse carb cycle and currently up to 4200 calories on my low carb days as maintenance. 4600 on high carb days. 

The main reason I’d advise some people against this for dieting is because it’s the same principle as joining a slimming club/weight watchers any other fad diet. It works while you do it, obviously but unless you take the time to understand why it works then you’ll be lost when you stop - or you continuing paying.

Buying a more tailored programme to yourself is a good idea but again I’d take the time to understand it as you’re doing it so you can adapt it and make it suit your Lifestyle when you aren’t “dieting”.

On those calories though it sounds like you’ve got a fairly specific/personal goal in mind and probably not just someone trying to lose some weight? ?

56 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

The main reason I’d advise some people against this for dieting is because it’s the same principle as joining a slimming club/weight watchers any other fad diet. It works while you do it, obviously but unless you take the time to understand why it works then you’ll be lost when you stop - or you continuing paying.

Buying a more tailored programme to yourself is a good idea but again I’d take the time to understand it as you’re doing it so you can adapt it and make it suit your Lifestyle when you aren’t “dieting”.

On those calories though it sounds like you’ve got a fairly specific/personal goal in mind and probably not just someone trying to lose some weight? ?

Marcus, you've pretty much failed in your first sentence. It's a diet but far more flexible, and how you compare it to slimming world/weight watchers makes 0 sense. One restricts you to a strong calorie deficit which your body suffers from and as soon as you hit those more "enjoyable foods". Your body holds onto the nutrients and stores it as fat. Hence why you see certain celebrities body image go up and down as they cannot maintain the lifestyle. 

Carb cycling & reverse carb cycling boosts your BMR and TDEE, allowing you to have a higher intake day to day and able to enjoy the foods that others on strict programmes like slimming world/weight watchers/keto cannot enjoy.

As said, I up my intake each week and my weight and bf remains the same, some weeks I even lose weight. If people took their time to review, it would be a very good way to go.

22 hours ago, Redpool said:

Marcus, you've pretty much failed in your first sentence. It's a diet but far more flexible, and how you compare it to slimming world/weight watchers makes 0 sense. One restricts you to a strong calorie deficit which your body suffers from and as soon as you hit those more "enjoyable foods". Your body holds onto the nutrients and stores it as fat. Hence why you see certain celebrities body image go up and down as they cannot maintain the lifestyle. 

Carb cycling & reverse carb cycling boosts your BMR and TDEE, allowing you to have a higher intake day to day and able to enjoy the foods that others on strict programmes like slimming world/weight watchers/keto cannot enjoy.

As said, I up my intake each week and my weight and bf remains the same, some weeks I even lose weight. If people took their time to review, it would be a very good way to go.

Sorry don’t think I was clear (though you might still disagree with my opinion)

I meant buying a programme from someone wasn’t really necessary, as it can lead to reliance on a program and in all honesty there’s plenty of good, free advice out there and people would be better placed to educate themselves and understand so they can then eat what they want yet still maintain the calorie targets that they require.

Ive done carb cycling, and to a point that’s technically what I still do as I eat more carbs on training days, nothing wrong with that specifically - it’s a tool to acquire the calories (and macros) you require.

I query the statement about it boosting BMR and TDEE though. Firstly TDEE is total daily energy expenditure, that’s exercise and physical activity not really anything to with food intake. Eating more doesn’t “boost your TDEE” unless you mean it gives you energy to train more?

BMR is what your body burns at rest. It’s determined by the calories your major organs and other tissues need to function, heavier people have higher BMR and particularly muscle requires more energy at rest. Everyone has different BMR rates and there are some variations between people who have higher rates and lower but “Metabolic adaptation” issues aside there isn’t much you can actually do to increase your BMR, especially through food.

Ultimately though, the most important part of any “diet” is adherence. What works for one doesn’t work for another so anyone looking to make a change should examine their options and pick what best suits them and they can stick too - knowing that medical issues aside, the basic principle is calories in vs calories out.

On 17/07/2020 at 11:03, BigTone said:

Obviously diet is important as is exercise. I like to swim and as you can see it is working for me.

Amazing-Fat-Man-Jumping-In-Pond-Funny-Image.jpg.cf.jpg

Your technique is just plain wrong. You should have arched, hands and legs raised.

No wonder tombstoners hurt themselves.

Lost 40 pounds since Covid . Cutting out junk and exercising. Now I can control my weight . Have a little blow out now and again is fine now. 

I done a exercise course called T25 it’s ten weeks plus I had another 4 week course which is optional called Gamma. At first it is brutal but it does get a easier as you lose weight but not much easier. It’s a 25 minute high intensity workout. 1 a day except 2 on a Friday. 5 weeks alpha then 5 weeks beta which incorporates weights. (Dumbbells). I’m 44 with a respiratory problem so it’s doable but only with commitment. Fantastic workout program.

Follow this program and diet for 10 weeks you will lose weight guaranteed 

Archived