IGNORED

Morrell and Walsh - side by side (by data)

Davefevs

38 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I was thinking of Luca Connell, from the Bolton FA cup game last year, he was 17.

Years blurring together, must be getting old...! 

Looked good didn’t he.  Morrell showed us that night he has good variety in his game.

20 hours ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Think if morrell and Walsh were to play together for us it would need to be with a big man and as a 3

although would love to see it happen and be proved wrong, Morrell Walsh and Palmer next season would be very exciting if could work 

Can see them in a diamond 541, extra defender and Wells said recently he likes to play up top alone.

Nagy

Walsh Morrell

Palmer 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Gallagher at Charlton (on loan from Chelsea, now on loan at Swansea)?

Very different midfielders too.  I’ve watched a significant amount of Morrell, even Wales age-group games not just the recent full-international stuff.  He is a very capable player.  Not seen much of Kane.  Seen enough of Walsh.  If we can find a way of getting him (Walsh) on the ball (that’s down to both him and his teammates) he can succeed.  That’s my consistent reservation that stops me getting excited...yet.  I just want to wait and see.  I liken it a bit to Freeman, who looked so classy in Lg1 in 14/15, but struggled massively playing no10 in the champ.  It was all too tight for him.  I wish Cotts had played him LCM alongside Pack and Smith rather than in the hole.  I think he’d have had that little bit more time on the ball.

Except that, IMO, Freeman is a one footed, one trick pony and doesn't do the defensive hard work.

Not on of my City legends.

37 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Except that, IMO, Freeman is a one footed, one trick pony and doesn't do the defensive hard work.

Not on of my City legends.

That is an area Walsh will need to have improved.  He looked leaner and sharper at Coventry, so hopefully he can get around the pitch defensively.

Archived