IGNORED

Updates from BCFC

Top Robin

Would it be too much to ask to have a 'general' update regarding the manager situation from the club. For obvious reasons, I don't want names but just a statement which may say that the club has interviewed a number of applicants and are hoping to make an appointment at the end of the season or whenever.

As fans, we are the lifeblood of the club and feel its a bit disrespectful to keep us in the dark about this. 

And generally, I feel the communication and correspondence from the club to the fans regarding important matters is really poor.

It's like they feel that the fans don't need to know anything and it angers me.

7 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Would it be too much to ask to have a 'general' update regarding the manager situation from the club. For obvious reasons, I don't want names but just a statement which may say that the club has interviewed a number of applicants and are hoping to make an appointment at the end of the season or whenever.

As fans, we are the lifeblood of the club and feel its a bit disrespectful to keep us in the dark about this. 

And generally, I feel the communication and correspondence from the club to the fans regarding important matters is really poor.

What difference would it make if they gave their plans? Wouldn’t change a thing. Tesco (other supermarkets are available) don’t tell you every time a decision is made and you are their customer. Like it or not thats what we are.

I don’t know what a statement would achieve. We know the managerial role is vacant and we know they will make an appointment. We know they will interview people and at some point offer someone a job. If that person does not accept, the club will move onto someone else until they make an appointment.

It is frustrating until an appointment is made but there is nonetheless nothing else to say. We are not in the dark. There is just nothing to tell us yet.

What are they going to say?

We’ve interviewed some people? I think we can probably all work that out.

So far the time between LJ going & now is still shorter than the one when he was appointed after Cotts left & the consensus on here is he was already identified to get the job, then.

I would be surprised if we haven’t appointed someone in the next 10 days with the transfer window open then & the out of contract players to sort, but don’t think putting out some bland (non) statement would help here.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

What are they going to say?

We’ve interviewed some people? I think we can probably all work that out.

So far the time between LJ going & now is still shorter than the one when he was appointed & the consensus on here is he was already identified to get the job, then.

I would be surprised if we haven’t appointed someone in the next 10 days with the transfer window open then & the out of contract players to sort, but don’t think putting out some bland (non) statement would help here.

A Mark Ashton statement you mean

35 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yes, it would be too much to ask. We’ll get a news bulletin when there is some news. It’s not like the TV News where they have to have a broadcast even if there’s nothing happening.

43 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I don’t see any other club doing running commentaries on their search for a manager. Just assume they are doing due diligence and taking their time to find the best person.  If it angers you then try yoga. 

Club issues update statement to keep fans informed " we have received a lot of interest and have formed a short list of excellent candidates and will be going through a proper interview process to determine who is the right and best man for the job"

OTIB posts in response: " Bullshit - they will go for the cheap option or someone called Johnson"

55 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t see any other club doing running commentaries on their search for a manager. Just assume they are doing due diligence and taking their time to find the best person.  If it angers you then try yoga. 

To assume makes an ass out of u and me !  ?

But seriously, I know everyone else on here seems to disagree with me but I still think some sort of update from the club would have been good on such an important issue.

But clearly I am in the minority which I accept.

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

They must be and have been interviewing. Why make this public to all.

This would be confidential. Imagine how you would feel if you were a football manager and all ready had your interview but not heard any thing back. 

There needs to be respect on confidentiality. When the club has a signed deal then of course they will communicate.

tghe communication so far has been fantastic around LJ going. DH holding the rains etc.

10 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

To assume makes an ass out of u and me !  ?

But seriously, I know everyone else on here seems to disagree with me but I still think some sort of update from the club would have been good on such an important issue.

But clearly I am in the minority which I accept.

“Biff” “Pow” “sick em batman” the club has communicated. Why would they make public negotiations with respective managers to our great club.

Why ‘we hope to have someone appointed within 10 days’ if negotiations with 1st choice break down and start with someone else and 10 days pass ‘ffs they said someone would be appointed by now’ ‘shambles’ etc 

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

What’s the point . I wouldn’t believe a word of it anyway after the spin last time when lansdown had his mate lined up all the time. 

This is why they shouldn't. People will use whatever the club says as a stick to beat them with. Whoever we appoint people will use it as a stick to beat then with.

Appoint Houghton - He's going to demand too much money to spend/His wages are too high/poor style of football/too old/only cos of BAME

Appoint LLM - It's the cheap option/LJ all over again/Why no experience/It's not Houghton

Appoint Jokanovic - We spent too much to get him out of his contract/ its not Houghton/Not good enough for Watford and Fulham

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I like it, D! Hot, angry yoga. They could run classes in the concourse, Saturdays 5.30 pm, Tuesday's 10.15 pm. 

28 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I like it, D! Hot, angry yoga. They could run classes in the concourse, Saturdays 5.30 pm, Tuesday's 10.15 pm. 

Can someone help untangle me before we proceed

smiling-flexible-man-posing-difficult-yoga-pose-isolated-white-36281907.jpg.cf.jpg

Archived