IGNORED

John Terry

old_eastender

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The trouble is you read a report online that JT has been offered the job then you see their "source" is the Daily Express, ie they know less than we do on here

Apart from anything to do with extreme weather, Madeline McCann or how Princess Diana was murdered, we`re novices when compared to that.

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

It's alarming that so many fans can't see past the excitement of celebrity. Gerrard might one day be a good manager but managing Rangers to second in the non league is no achievement at all and being a great player is irrelevant to managing.

I expect it wasnt alarming for Rangers because as the second medium size fish on a tiny bowl of tiddlers they'd be nailed on second even with Daryll the dog fiddler in charge.

Ok. So good enough for a top 25 world club to take a chance on him, but not sleepy backwater Bristol City. 
I got ya. 

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

6 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Currently ranked 94 in Europe.

Easiest job in the world, lose to Celtic and beat the local pub sides.

Much harder job here.

Ha ha. Yeah, cuz the size, history, honours, world reputation of a football club is based on their current UEFA Co-efficient ranking. 
Ha ha. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. Yeah, cuz the size, history, honours, world reputation of a football club is based on their current UEFA Co-efficient ranking. 
Ha ha. 

The EUFA co-efficient is at least objective, winning stuff in Scotland counts for nothing on the world stage. 

Managing Rangers into second is an absolute doddle, the size of the club is utterly irrelevant in any case.

It was 35 years ago a team other than Rangers or Celtic won the league, there is absolutely no competition other than the old firm.

Getting us promoted is a far harder task and there is no reason to think Gerrard is suited to it, he has proved nothing.

People are blinded by celebrity and get carried away with unjustified excitement, it is delusional.

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

The EUFA co-efficient is at least objective, winning stuff in Scotland counts for nothing on the world stage. 

Managing Rangers into second is an absolute doddle, the size of the club is utterly irrelevant in any case.

It was 35 years ago a team other than Rangers or Celtic won the league, there is absolutely no competition other than the old firm.

Getting us promoted is a far harder task and there is no reason to think Gerrard is suited to it, he has proved nothing.

People are blinded by celebrity and get carried away with unjustified excitement, it is delusional.

I agree Gérard would be a huge gamble and in any event he has a bigger job at Rangers. 

Fact is he has improved them during his time there and has closed the gap somewhat. 

Never thought of him as a realistic candidate 

5 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I agree Gérard would be a huge gamble and in any event he has a bigger job at Rangers. 

Fact is he has improved them during his time there and has closed the gap somewhat. 

Yeah, he might prove to be a good manager one day.  He was never going to come here and would never have been a sensible choice.  If we want to take a risky gamble on an inexperienced manager there are far cheaper ways to do it.

18 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Look, you may think Gerrard isn’t the right appointment, but to argue against it by claiming that the likes of Krasnodar, Plzen, Gent, Braga, Astana, Qarabag, Tel Aviv & Alkmaar are bigger clubs than Rangers based on the UEFA co-efficient is quite simply barking mad. 

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

Look, you may think Gerrard isn’t the right appointment, but to argue against it by claiming that the likes of Krasnodar, Plzen, Gent, Braga, Astana, Qarabag, Tel Aviv & Alkmaar are bigger clubs than Rangers based on the UEFA co-efficient is quite simply barking mad. 

I didn't make any such claim, in fact I pointed out that the size of the club was irrelevant.  I argued against appointing Gerrard because he is inexperienced and expensive and said it was alarming that so many fans were gulled by celebrity.  You argued with me because you're somehow delusional about the grandeur of rangers beating the dog'n'duck every week and that somehow being relevant to a manager's actual ability.

10 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

On that basis you can't be sure about anyone.

I don't know the bloke, but I am confident that he is a credible and professional person based on what I have seen and heard from him. His CV aint half bad either.

Personally, I would've gone for the serif font, but otherwise it's not bad

57 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Houllier?

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Boom. You still got it.

Haha cheers

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They may well be appointing Howe's assistant, Tindall. 

Yes, he has been linked to & it looks like he is staying at Villa anyway.

Don’t care as long as he stays away from BS3.

Archived