IGNORED

New Season Covid era lineup

BLRed

Baring in mind the up coming transfer window won’t be easy for anyone and there will be greater reliance placed on in-house talent to keep spend down, I have listed below what I personally would like to see as our team to cross he white line for the first game of the season. 

3-5-2

....................Bentley.....................

....Vyner.......Kalas......moore.......

Pereira........Morrell.........Dasilva
........Walsh...........Massengo.......

...........Wells..........Brewster........

subs: O’Leary, herbie Kane, New LB, Semenyo, Jonny Smith, New RB, Szmodics, Weimann, New CB

should we sign Gerrard as Manager, and that’s a big if, I can see him pulling strings to loan Brewster and not only would I love to see us re-sign herbie Kane, he would actually fit the bill and provide good competition in our midfield.

the above would see a significant reduction in our wage bill if we managed to trade out the following:

hunt, watkins, Rowe, eliasson, diedhiou, adelakun, Baker, Palmer, Nagy.

add to that smith, Williams and maenpaa off the books and benkovic and afobe not returning.

i would love to see benkovic back on loan but he has bigger ambitions understandably.

i know most will say I’m just playing football manager but I would like to see this happen. We need a reset as there are a lot of high wage drifters in our squad not offering anything.

Good combination of experience in the right places and youth. More importantly, the youth are quality and determined to play for the badge and prove their worth.

the sale of diedhiou and eliasson inevitably would offset the purchase of pereira who I think we should definitely sign.

going back to Gerrard, there are many decent Liverpool players he could ask to loan like Sepp van den Berg at CB that would provide quality and competition.

If Kieffer moore is off the table perhaps Hugill on loan as foil for Wells, then a physical ball winner in midfield and the other cm’s rotate to keep them fresh factoring form, don’t think we’ll go for Pedro unless Ashton negotiates a lower fee

Archived