IGNORED

Famara.

Jeez

4 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

He'll cost more to replace than we'll get for him. A 20 goal championship striker is worth a lot more than the 5 million people are quoting his price will be. 

Totally agree . Two year extension would be great business for us. Pay him what he needs. 

His defending from set pieces is sublime aswell. I’m never worried about defending a corner or a cross from a free kick when he is back there. When he’s missing we seem to fall to pieces defending set pieces.

i think the biggest problem with him has been that when we are pressed we have no options in midfield, and because of his strengths he is seen as the easy option to lump the ball to, when he is isolated and asked to do a thankless task of making something happen on his own

given proper service and decent support from another striker that isn’t weimann, or a proper midfield he looks a different player all together

Think he’s be a huge miss if he leaves, more than anyone realises.

7 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

The real beauty is that those 41 are made up of 14 (13 league) in his first season, 13 (all league) last season, and 14 (12 league) this season. If you look the spread as well the goals come evenly across a season. 

He rarely scores 2 or a hat trick but on the flipside his longest (league) goal drought is a mere 6 games.

He's not the perfect striker. He's poor one-on-one, doesn't get many assists, and is prone to a red card. But he's just so steady. That kind of metronomic scoring is useful, and expensive to replace.

He's not spectacular, he doesn't play pretty football; but he's damn good at our level and if he leaves we will miss him greatly.

Finally, it looks as though today's might have been his 100th career goal (at club level). In 292 pro appearances.

1. In. 3.

Great post making a lot of good points.

In his 3 seasons with us he has made 114 league appearances, so an average of 38 a season, (41 in the one just ended) so if you take out his 2 suspensions for reds, (1 justified, 1 not) his only absence was after he picked up the shoulder injury in the Palace cup game.

His goal scoring rate is incredibly consistent, not outstanding but good and his worth to the team goes far beyond that.

Replacing him will be very tough, we have a player at a good age who appears settled here, so we should only sell if he refuses a new deal or the money we are offered is huge.

5 minutes ago, city1983 said:

His defendi g at set pieces is sublime aswell. I’m never worried about defending a corner or a cross from a free kick when he is back there. When he’s missing we seem to fall to pieces defending set pieces.

i think the biggest problem with him has been that when we are pressed we have no options in midfield, and because of his strengths he is seen as the easy option to lump the ball to, when he is isolated and asked to do a thankless task of making something happen on his own

given proper service and decent support from another striker that isn’t weimann, or a proper midfield he looks a different player all together

His defendi g at set pieces is sublime aswell. I’m never worried about defending a corner or a cross from a free kick when he is back there. When he’s missing we seem to fall to pieces defending set pieces.

His defending at set pieces is sublime aswell. I’m never worried about defending a corner or a cross from a free kick when he is back there. When he’s missing we seem to fall to pieces defending set pieces.

His defending at set pieces is sublime aswell. I’m never worried about defending a corner or a cross from a free kick when he is back there. When he’s missing we seem to fall to pieces defending set pieces.

we get the point haha,

Fam is quality, he is at his strongest with his back to goal bringing others into play,

If he and Wells both start next season one will get 15 the other will get 20 goals

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

we get the point haha,

Fam is quality, he is at his strongest with his back to goal bringing others into play,

If he and Wells both start next season one will get 15 the other will get 20 goals

He could offer us more if we found away of letting him drift into that inside left channel.  Think back to goals v Derby, Barnsley and West Brom.  In some redirects you want him to stay away from the big hairy arsed CBs and play on other defenders.

I look back to Brum (h) two seasons ago, when Djuric took care of Morrison, and Fam got to bully the smaller Dean.

Im not suggesting going two big men...but some nouse from the head coach to create situations where Diedhiou can use his advantages.

Last night Alex Neil put Potts up against Dasilva.  1) height 2) Potts is a worse horse both a) in attack and b) defensively.

I rarely saw LJ look to get Diedhiou into positions to dominate other players.  He’s always played up against the dominant CB.

In addition to the goals he scores, his work at defensive set pieces probably saves us a few over the course of the season and we miss him when he isn't there.

For example, I'm convinced that first Sheff Wed goal the other week doesn't happen if he's on the pitch as he'd likely be covering the near post area that was left unguarded.

11 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Totally agree . Two year extension would be great business for us. Pay him what he needs. 

Undoubtedly he needs less than we're paying him. I doubt we'd be offering well paid players much better terms in these times, unless maybe he's going to be getting much better deals elsewhere.

53 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I bloody love Famara - has been a quality player for City, even with some of the criticism levelled his way.

This is a fantastic picture from the main site, especially the shirt - is that for sale?

Banner image

Is the player on our player of the year award in the process of falling over? How very Bristol City.

What an incredible player we have here!

An absolute brute in the box at both ends!

Don't be so quick to sell him away, please. He has the gifts!

Well done Fam for player of the year and much respect to you sir and I hope you have a great future at BCFC!

(please sign for a few more years?!) please!

4 hours ago, Dan Robin said:

Deserved award: if the rumours about his departure are true, we are going to miss him.

the only rumours of him leaving are from people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with pancakes

11 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Robbie Turner, the Chief, Paul Agostino, Jon Stead and now Famara Diedhiou joins my stable of boys.

Heroes to a man.

Loved Agostino. Him and Goater were my 1st heroes 

Just now, Judda said:

Loved Agostino. Him and Goater were my 1st heroes 

1860 Munich?

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

He`s had a better season than the overrated, overpriced and overpaid often-touted replacement for him - Britt Assombalonga.

Hope he stays, we`ll miss him more than any other current player IMO.

Thats harsh considering the tore his acl 

Archived