IGNORED

Who gets traded up this time?

Dr Balls

5 hours ago, Swede said:

Dhiedhou & Eliasson sold for big money abroad.

Given covid, unlikely. 

Massengo sold for big money to the Premier League.

Ditto. Plus unlikely anyway. 

Adelakun sold to Rotherham (undisclosed)

Agreed or, at least, possible. 

Maenpaa released

Probably 

Szmodics part of deal to get Toney.

Assuming Toney wants to come here and new management is keen, possibly. 

Watkins sold

Baker sold

Who will pay for them, given their wages and ability? 

Williams released

Probably. Certainly hope so. 

Incoming 

Pereira 

Unlikely. 

5 hours ago, Swede said:

Very unlikely anyone will go for any kind of money from us.  Eliasson can't be worth much more than what we paid for him, same for Fam. They could well end up staying as they will have more earning power as free agents next summer when maybe there will be more certainty and team's budgets will be set. I would be amazed if we accepted a low offer for either.  We would have to replace both as there is no equivalent in the squad for either (please don't tell me COD Is a replacement for Eliasson).

Financial uncertainty will lead to clubs keeping what they have and waiting to see what the ongoing situation will be.  There is far too much doubt at our level for there to be any windfalls unless we have someone destined for athe top level.  They have financial certainty and so do the big clubs but below that, it is a matter of waiting to see.  

One thing that could happen a bit more is the return of the swap deal... Less cash will make this kind of arrangement more attractive to clubs.  

16 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Very unlikely anyone will go for any kind of money from us.  Eliasson can't be worth much more than what we paid for him, same for Fam. They could well end up staying as they will have more earning power as free agents next summer when maybe there will be more certainty and team's budgets will be set. I would be amazed if we accepted a low offer for either.  We would have to replace both as there is no equivalent in the squad for either (please don't tell me COD Is a replacement for Eliasson).

Financial uncertainty will lead to clubs keeping what they have and waiting to see what the ongoing situation will be.  There is far too much doubt at our level for there to be any windfalls unless we have someone destined for athe top level.  They have financial certainty and so do the big clubs but below that, it is a matter of waiting to see.  

One thing that could happen a bit more is the return of the swap deal... Less cash will make this kind of arrangement more attractive to clubs.  

There is a part of me that thinks if they aren’t willing to sign new deals (that is the rumour), then City will be touting them as much as the agents.  I don’t believe we will offer them enough to make them stay, unless they suddenly realise the state of the market, and think better off staying where we are.  It’s a delicate position.  Pre-Covid I think Fam might’ve fetched £8m(ish) this summer.  Now I think we are talking £5m(ish).  Speculation on my part.  Probably on £15k per week.  In total that’s £2m off our cost line (£1.3m amortisation and £750k wages), plus £3.7m transfer profit.  That’s an attractive piece of accounting if you think you can get someone cheaper (maybe free) or loan because manager is happy with Wells, Weimann, and a loanee, etc.

17 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Might get a few bob from a. Unexpected source. 

Just read on the BBC gossip that Liverpool is preparing a bid for Lloyd Kelly! 

Kelly was clearly bought as Ake's replacement.  They will have to offer a pretty decent amount..

15 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Kelly was clearly bought as Ake's replacement.  They will have to offer a pretty decent amount..

Good news for us then?

Edit: Meant to say that the BBC item mentioned that Liverpool missed out on Kelly a year ago!

Archived