IGNORED

New Manager Characteristics

I see we are yet to appoint our new manager which is not a bad thing as it shows we are taking our time to consider properly

This is not to add any names to the hat but just to say that whoever our next appointment is, it should be someone with a reputation, perhaps someone wo has played the game and won at the highest level and most importantly, someone the players will respect for their achievements. From this perspective, I can see the logic in a Gerrard type acquisition, this would also make it easier to attract a higher quality of player and to make us more of a force to be reckoned with

So, if  SL is serious about a big push, this is not the time for the young and up and coming, we've tried that and it worked to a certain level but, if we want the big prize, we need a proven and experienced manager. Chris Hughton fits the bill in some of those categories but I would still prefer a Klopp like character, its all about man management ability and charisma, someone that the players would run through a brick wall for

Our squad is decent and with a few additions, well capable at this level so maybe this year, it's time to splash the cash on the managerial appointment for a change, you never know, it might just make that all important difference...

30 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

So Gerrard or "Klopp like". How about "Robbie Fowler orientated", or even "Graeme Souness inclined".?

Personally I'd favour "Kevin Keegan permed". But that's just me. 

Robbie Fowler claims in that interview which was shared on here previously that he's modelling his teams on Kloppball and sees man management as his forte. 

Archived