IGNORED

Covid-19 and the start of the 20/21 Season

'Pack' It In

12 hours ago, 'Pack' It In said:

Hi Everyone,

Now the season has finished for us city fans, thoughts have moved on to the 20/21 season, which starts Sept 12th. With government guidelines that Stadiums can re-open to supporters, but with a reduced capacity of 25%. 

Based on 27000 capacity and at least 12000 season ticket holders, the sums don't add up.

How would the Club work out who attends these matches an who don't? 

25% of capacity of 27000, would work out as 6750 fans and social distancing would apply to each stand accordingly.

How do the club make a decision on who deserves their seat and who will probably have to watch via a stream?

Your thoughts anyone!

This topic has been discussed at length already on here if you look on page 4, the Coronavirus and it's impact on sport, various solutions have been discussed none of which is very satisfactory to everybody, the general consensus seems to be until we can all attend there are too many problems inside and outside the ground. 

9 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Should of kept Johnson then ?

Ha, maybe, maybe not. In normal times I’d prefer best candidate in terms of quality, fit with club and affordability. However, as the news gets gloomier, and it looks like attending will be further delayed, maybe just working with what we’ve got plus the odd free transfer is the sensible approach.

14 hours ago, marmite said:

Already purchased pre lockdown. Im happy to roll it over to season 2021/2022. Just make next season pay per game if and when it restarts for fans.

Same, I already paid for my season ticket for next season, but I'm not going near any football match (or pub, restaurant, concert, social gathering) until the virus is under control.

So even if we are allowed to attend games, I won't be going and would rather it roll over to the following season. What I don't want to do is give up my ongoing entitlement to my seat and ST benefits.

I realise not everyone can afford to let their already purchased season ticket roll over so a refund should be available for these fans. However no one should lose any loyalty benefits because of the present situation. The club will need to keep all fans on side if we are to come out of this virus still intact. Football is not hifg on my priority list atm but I dont want to lose my club either. Difficult times still lie ahead I fear.

Archived