IGNORED

Do managers consider this?

Matthew me

5 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Add Blackburn, millwall

Blackburn - Any? 

Millwall - Harris

Definitely don't think there's a majority or even a small percentage (bar Swansea perhaps) most clubs have perhaps 1 or 2 people in a job better than the clubs listed

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

I'm seeing a theme in the above..... Martinez has moved on up

Potter at BHA

Bowyer at Charlton

Rodgers at Lec

All positive .... Same for blavkburn, Millwall, Plymouth, PNE etc etc

It's not really about other clubs, it's about us. I don't believe any manager in the last 20 years has some anything remarkable after city ... It's hard to argue.... 

2 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Potter at BHA

Bowyer at Charlton

Rodgers at Lec

All positive .... Same for blavkburn, Millwall, Plymouth, PNE etc etc

It's not really about other clubs, it's about us. I don't believe any manager in the last 20 years has some anything remarkable after city ... It's hard to argue.... 

This is the post you responded to those with

'Name me 5 clubs (of the 92), where a greater proportion of managers are currently in better jobs than they were when in that job in the last 20 years.'

Each of those clubs has had 15-20 managers over 20 years so to have 1 or 2 max? Its definitely not a 'greater proportion'

If Neil Harris or Bowyer qualify then McInnes qualifies for us with Aberdeen finishing in a Europa League spot

Genuinely not trying to compare against other clubs. Just looking at our own set up.

We have a good record of growing players and seeing them step up. 

Just very odd to me that no manager in more than 20 years has ever done anything after city worth speaking about

Either they failed at AG and it killed off their career prospects, or we appointed the wrong man in the first place 

7 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Off top of my head, very little thought... So don't shoot me down top fast

Wigan

Nope. By your own standard, Cook = Johnson. Only other two in better roles are Martinez and Bruce but hit rate very low. Includes Mackay, Coyle, Caldwell, Jewell, Hutchings 

Swansea

Easy to say Rodgers, Potter, Martinez. Less easy to say Bradley, Carvahal,  Clement, Guidolin - so no.

Burton 

Clough - see Johnson. Hasselbaink - unemployed. Rowett - ok. Hit rate 1/3

Blackpool 

You might want to look up their managerial history as that’s a horrific example

Everton ? Moyes...?

Arguable. Marco Silva unemployed. Moyes at lower ranked job now (per prem finishes). Koeman Dutch Boss, Martinez Belgium. Not sure Everton did them any favours though as they both got sacked!
Ten seconds of thought!

Mate, take more than ten seconds. The premise of going back 20 years is flawed. The question is more did we have the right boss at the right time. I’d argue for Cotts we did, LJ we did and going back, GJ we did. Even McInnes wasn’t a bad paper appointment.

If you seriously think Hughton, Howe or whoever are going to think that because Danny Wilson didn’t go up when he should have 15 years ago that it’s a reason not to take the job I’d give your head a wobble. They’re far more likely to see the backing the last two managers have had and take that into account.

So, in answer to your original question- no, I don’t think there’s a chance in hell they consider it. And neither should they.

(Thinks of suitable Sean O’Driscoll quote)

Just now, Lrrr said:

This is the post you responded to those with

'Name me 5 clubs (of the 92), where a greater proportion of managers are currently in better jobs than they were when in that job in the last 20 years.'

Each of those clubs has had 15-20 managers over 20 years so to have 1 or 2 max? Its definitely not a 'greater proportion'

If Neil Harris or Bowyer qualify then McInnes qualifies for us with Aberdeen finishing in a Europa League spot

I do agree McInnes did ok.

I think if you look back 20 year in each,they all have more than one 

Anyway, it's about us

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Mate, take more than ten seconds. The premise of going back 20 years is flawed. The question is more did we have the right boss at the right time. I’d argue for Cotts we did, LJ we did and going back, GJ we did. Even McInnes wasn’t a bad paper appointment.

If you seriously think Hughton, Howe or whoever are going to think that because Danny Wilson didn’t go up when he should have 15 years ago that it’s a reason not to take the job I’d give your head a wobble. They’re far more likely to see the backing the last two managers have had and take that into account.

So, in answer to your original question- no, I don’t think there’s a chance in hell they consider it. And neither should they.

(Thinks of suitable Sean O’Driscoll quote)

As stated previously. I hope you're right. We don't want to become a positioned challece.

Someone has to get us over the line one day!

3 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

I do agree McInnes did ok.

I think if you look back 20 year in each,they all have more than one 

Anyway, it's about us

I've responded highlighting the teams you've said, the majority had 1 at most ie no better than us

Looking at that list, O'Driscoll to some degree and Coppell in particular stand out as respected and competent managers- in Coppell's case an equivalent to Hughton as it goes, not two but three promotions to the top flight and a pleasing brand of football- prior to joining us. Seemed a perfect choice to take us to the next level, from what oddly enough was a not dissimilar trajectory and then steady decline- albeit I think GJ was in a fair few ways better than LJ!

Not a lot wrong with O'Driscoll's record in January 2013 prior to joining us, yet for him and for Coppell, on both occasions (and sadly us), what a disaster it was!! 

One manager basically retired- Coppell- and as for O'Driscoll, he went downhill steadily yet clearly after his stint here!

Archived