IGNORED

Somethings not right at BCFC.

Ticky2

Hello,

I am truly disappointed about the latest news. I was checking every few hours the sport website from Bristol, of course.. with all hope that we will bring Paul C or Chris H as our manager.

Let's face it, we are not in a position to "test" becoming managers...maybe Brentford was, but they had less money and when they started they had in mind "mid table". When you want to be competitive you can't bring an inexperienced manager to take the seat.

I feel like the board doesn't want it at all. I am frustrated and I don't trust any good transfer business to happen, exept that we will lose another 1,2 players from our first team. 

The club is in a position of a small team, and yes we are a small team, but compared with Premier League not with our competitors from this league.

What kind of players can we atract with a newbie manager ? A good player will come to get promoted not to waste 5 seasons in Championship, otherwise he can go to Aston Villa, Brentford, Forrest or who knows what team.

They could bring this Dean Holden one month ago to save us from being crazy on this forum, for our inner peace.. THIS is disappointing, and I am not excited at all about the new season.

Dean Holden may become the next Guardiola, who knows...but we can't afford a TEST now...we just cant. (Our board can though).

Have a great day fellas, and be safe from the virus. ?

While I agree with your sentiments can we not use covid as an excuse for this appointment in any way. Johnson was sacked at a time when it was well known what the implications would be. The reasons quoted and the intended aims were made public. The excitement of finally believing we meant business slowler evaporated in the knowledge that we're about to have our hopes dashed again. If you don't move forward , you move backwards in the Championship. I believe we will have moved back 4 years if Holden is the best they can come up with. 

The recruitment process has been an absolute shambles: over thirty days to arrive at something that could have been done on day one.

Whether Dean's appointment turns out to be a success nobody knows; I hope it does.

However the enormous delay in appointing him makes it clear to the world that he was far from being the first choice which is not the best start.

22 minutes ago, fatchers said:

While I agree with your sentiments can we not use covid as an excuse for this appointment in any way. Johnson was sacked at a time when it was well known what the implications would be. The reasons quoted and the intended aims were made public. The excitement of finally believing we meant business slowler evaporated in the knowledge that we're about to have our hopes dashed again. If you don't move forward , you move backwards in the Championship. I believe we will have moved back 4 years if Holden is the best they can come up with. 

Things change though. When LJ was sacked the club had to make all the right noises because in all honesty what else were they supposed to do? When LJ was sacked the club might not have known the full financial position caused by all this. The club just might know more than the people shouting loudest on here do? Maybe they know no fans at all in stadiums in 20-21 season, just take a minute to try and work out what that actually means for the club. 

36 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The recruitment process has been an absolute shambles: over thirty days to arrive at something that could have been done on day one.

Whether Dean's appointment turns out to be a success nobody knows; I hope it does.

However the enormous delay in appointing him makes it clear to the world that he was far from being the first choice which is not the best start.

But nobody on here actually knows any details of whats gone on in them 30 days?

7 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

But nobody on here actually knows any details of whats gone on in them 30 days?

I'm saying that we don't need to know those details.

The simple fact that an appointment that could have been made the same day that LJ was sacked has instead taken over a month of an already tight closed season tells you that the decision-making process within the club is not fit for purpose.

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm saying that we don't need to know those details.

The simple fact that an appointment that could have been made the same day that LJ was sacked has instead taken over a month of an already tight closed season tells you that the decision-making process within the club is not fit for purpose.

Maybe at the start they wanted a different decision... but things have changed. I am agreeing with you in a way because yes of course holden could have been appointed 2 minutes after LJ left. 

1 minute ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Perhaps MA wants to keep control of the transfers process, and any suggested perks that involves, more than he wants a promotion to the Premier League. Which, when viewed through his non-fan perspective, kind of makes sense. As long as he can be upwardly mobile, then the rest of us can go swivel.  

??

19 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well, actually all we know is that the club have been seeking to appoint a manager since Lee Johnson was relieved of his duties, and they have remained completely silent while that process is going on.  That situation may seem unusual to football fans, but it is normal practice in business.

This is wrong.

Steve Lansdown went on talkSPORT, a national radio station, a few weeks ago, where he is always treated with kid gloves, but not radio Bristol  (as far as I'm aware) where he has learned that Geoff Twentyman asks him difficult questions, and puts him on the spot (which Steve is not great at dealing with).

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

As I said elsewhere, the only real shambles has been the press trying to make out that they know what’s going on, and the fans buying that,  the bookies don’t know anything either, they’re just reflecting bets placed.  The club has been complete silent, which is the right thing to do.  There has to be a good reason for the delay because of course the club would have preferred to appoint earlier.  I suspect that the club has been messed around by candidates hedging their bets waiting for the season to end and see what’s out there.

26 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

This is wrong.

Steve Lansdown went on talkSPORT, a national radio station, a few weeks ago, where he is always treated with kid gloves, but not radio Bristol  (as far as I'm aware) where he has learned that Geoff Twentyman asks him difficult questions, and puts him on the spot (which Steve is not great at dealing with).

No, not wrong.  The club hasn’t commented in the past month, and Lansdown’s comments were made before the recruitment process began in earnest.  The one thing that I think we can all assume is that the recruitment process has been very difficult, and that the club is unlikely to have chosen to be in the present position.  As many people have said, Dean could have been appointed weeks ago...

Here’s an old-fashioned analogy for the more aged on here:

Taking 5 weeks to appoint Holden is like strutting into a nightclub, thinking you are the best thing since sliced bread and can get the pick of the most attractive girls there, and ending up 5 hours later, leaving with your mate’s girlfriend’s best friend, who was the one you looked past for ages, because none of the others In there wanted to go out with you, on the basis that you always only went where your mate wanted to go. It might just work out with her (you have at least known her for a while and she knows your mate), but the crushing embarrassment of that night is going to make it difficult to say the least, as everyone who gets to hear the circumstances of your coupling waits for it to go pear-shaped...

Tho only reason for it to take this long is if you are weighing up some high calibre candidates, Hughton, Gerrard (more name than record) against some successful and potentially promising managers but at a lower level, Wellens, Robins, Lowe, Cook to a certain extent, but he's a bit more in the middle as had has had some decent results at this level. With maybe a couple of more left field candidates, assistants at prem level etc. 

Holden should either have been given the job from the off, or only shortlisted if something rediculous happens, if after 3/4 games of him being in charge we are still in with a shot at the playoffs. 

Other than that he should have been rejected at the initial stage as his record is simply not there and what is is not good enough in 20 games he has managed 16 points, would we have been happy with Grant McAnn being offered the job? As Hull ended up with more points than Holden has managed over his 20 games as a manager extrapolated? 

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

No, not wrong.  The club hasn’t commented in the past month, and Lansdown’s comments were made before the recruitment process began in earnest.  The one thing that I think we can all assume is that the recruitment process has been very difficult, and that the club is unlikely to have chosen to be in the present position.  As many people have said, Dean could have been appointed weeks ago...

You said the club have been "completely silent," but that is wrong. Steve Lansdown went on national radio after LJ was fired, to talk about what we were doing about replacing him.

3 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

This is wrong.

Assuming this is announced as we expect I would love to see Twentyman interview SL on it, he’s proven before he doesn’t let him get away with dodging the key questions.

10 hours ago, Mihai said:

Hello,

I am truly disappointed about the latest news. I was checking every few hours the sport website from Bristol, of course.. with all hope that we will bring Paul C or Chris H as our manager.

Let's face it, we are not in a position to "test" becoming managers...maybe Brentford was, but they had less money and when they started they had in mind "mid table". When you want to be competitive you can't bring an inexperienced manager to take the seat.

I feel like the board doesn't want it at all. I am frustrated and I don't trust any good transfer business to happen, exept that we will lose another 1,2 players from our first team. 

The club is in a position of a small team, and yes we are a small team, but compared with Premier League not with our competitors from this league.

What kind of players can we atract with a newbie manager ? A good player will come to get promoted not to waste 5 seasons in Championship, otherwise he can go to Aston Villa, Brentford, Forrest or who knows what team.

They could bring this Dean Holden one month ago to save us from being crazy on this forum, for our inner peace.. THIS is disappointing, and I am not excited at all about the new season.

Dean Holden may become the next Guardiola, who knows...but we can't afford a TEST now...we just cant. (Our board can though).

Have a great day fellas, and be safe from the virus. ?

Who did Brentford test becoming a manager?  Not Frank, not Smith, not Rossler....possibly Warburton, but not the other 3.

Something not right.

Everyone else has put their theories, no matter how much merit or otherwise so why not!

We are under some kind of soft embargo or similar type of monitoring transfer market wise which is impeding us in the market and in turn impairing the quality of manager which we can recruit.

Is there anything in this or am I well out? The figures indicate the theory would be well out,

It would be some **** up to end up in that position yet it's been in the back of my mind, but pretty far back tbh- remember the EFL don't announce it and neither do clubs!

Don't necessarily believe it, but is it possible.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Something not right.

Everyone else has put their theories, no matter how much merit or otherwise so why not!

We are under some kind of soft embargo or similar type of monitoring transfer market wise which is impeding us in the market and in turn impairing the quality of manager which we can recruit.

Is there anything in this or am I well out?

It would be some **** up to end up in that position yet it's been in the back of my mind, but pretty far back tbh- remember the EFL don't announce it and neither do clubs!

Don't necessarilyy believe it, but is it possible.

When you also consider the very inpopular internal appointment at Bournemouth too, it definitely seems odd.

4 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

When you also consider the very inpopular internal appointment at Bournemouth too, it definitely seems odd.

There's been a distinct/noticeable lack of activity so far at this level- okay granted season only ended on July 22nd and the Covid issues of course, maybe it will pick up come Monday onwards but it's seemed very quiet I think- uncertainty may have a notable dampening down of transfer activity, high spending managerial appointments that kind of thing. Maybe a lot of clubs are under temporary/holding soft embargoes while EFL analyse financials and it's basically more routine than I think.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There's been a distinct/noticeable lack of activity so far at this level- okay granted season only ended on July 22nd and the Covid issues of course, maybe it will pick up come Monday onwards but it's seemed very quiet I think- uncertainty may have a notable dampening down of transfer activity, high spending managerial appointments that kind of thing. Maybe a lot of clubs are under temporary/holding soft embargoes while EFL analyse financials and it's basically more routine than I think.

Would certainly explain our apparent sudden and unexplained lowering of ambitions of the new HC.  

Just our bleeding luck to happen now, if that’s the case!

Archived