IGNORED

Shot Shy City

bcfc01

9 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Impressive stat from us, as it looks in writing, but shots mean nothing, shots on target are what gets you goals, it’s alright shooting from distance, high and wide by 3 to 8 yards 5 and 6 times a game, the only thing that does is look good on tables like this, that mean nothing. 

The stark reality is, if we’d taken less shots, and tried to get into better positions to shoot, we would have scored more goals, and finished much higher in the only table that really matters. 

The stats I'm looking at have you 5th for shots on target. 4.2 per game compared to our 3.3 that has us down in 21st. 

I'll bow to your knowledge as I've only see you play against us (you were good btw) but it looks to me as though you got unlucky, or defence and goalies tended to do well against you. Looks like you had considerably more shots blocked than the others near you in the shots table. So you took a good number of good shots, but for some reason defenders could block them. Maybe you took too long to line them up? Maybe your players weren't dragging defenders out of position well enough? I don't know but you definitely messed up the stats metrics ?

You're still my dark horses for a top half finish next season.

Archived