IGNORED

I’ve beaten Ashton and Lansdown

Numero Uno

8 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It’s difficult to be “right behind” the new coaching team if you think they were entirely the wrong choice. 

Me, I’m reserving judgement until I actually see what they do. If they do well, I’ll praise them and the board that chose them.

I get that. We can all think of examples in life where someone has been thrown in at the deep end well outside of their comfort zone and whilst you have questioned it you actually want them, personally, to do well. That's where I am with Holden.

As for the Board there will be plenty of situations to judge them on in addition to what happens on the pitch, their refund policy for starters given the realistic possibility of very minimal football to watch this season (wait until Covid potentially hits us again in the winter). It's all very well for people to say "you expect Steve to put the money in yet you want a refund" but the fact is the sums of money we are talking about mean a lot more to the supporter who has lost their job and, not only that, the supporter who has just lost their job doesn't have a nice chunk of real estate as security for their investment either.

17 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It’s difficult to be “right behind” the new coaching team if you think they were entirely the wrong choice. 

Me, I’m reserving judgement until I actually see what they do. If they do well, I’ll praise them and the board that chose them.

I’m right behind the coaching team, but still critiquing as time goes on.  For me some early milestones:

• transfer business in and out leading up to 1st Rd League Cup
  • first month or so leading up to end of window (mid oct)
  • Xmas

Of course 100% behind Dean and his staff - I want City to storm the Championship next season(??!!). 

However, still feel very much betrayed by the top brass. What disppoints me more than anything is the fact that, despite inevitable ups and downs, I never imagined that they would be so blatant in doing so. 

Hi all

I'm a new football blogger (as if the world needs any more of them) and thought some of you might want to give my article about the Holden appointment and your situation in general a gander, if you guys fancy checking it out/sharing/giving me dogs abuse for getting stuff wrong, it's all more than welcome!

https://thefloodlightblog.blogspot.com/2020/08/bristol-city-get-new-manager-but-are.html

Apologies for the shameless self promotion or if this isn't posted in the correct section/thread.

?

https://twitter.com/BlogFloodlight

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

It’s not difficult at all. No, I didn’t want Holden as manager. He’s was never going to turn the job down though and he’s made a very good choice in getting experience around him. Something LJ. Should of done.

I've really got no time for the board at all anymore but that’s not Deans fault. 
I like Holden , he’s straight talking , ambitious and wants to do well for our club , so I’ll get right behind him. The players have no say in who gets appointed so they’ll obviously get my support. 
If it goes tits up then I’ll direct my anger towards the board. 

16 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s not difficult at all. No, I didn’t want Holden as manager. He’s was never going to turn the job down though and he’s made a very good choice in getting experience around him. Something LJ. Should of done.

I've really got no time for the board at all anymore but that’s not Deans fault. 
I like Holden , he’s straight talking , ambitious and wants to do well for our club , so I’ll get right behind him. The players have no say in who gets appointed so they’ll obviously get my support. 
If it goes tits up then I’ll direct my anger towards the board. 

You don’t say what you’ll feel if DH does well though. Sounds as if you like Holden, but if he does well and proves a good choice, you’ll still treat the board as fools for choosing him? Weird.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

You don’t say what you’ll feel if DH does well though. Sounds as if you like Holden, but if he does well and proves a good choice, you’ll still treat the board as fools for choosing him? Weird.

It’s quite obvious the jury is still open in regards to DH. The only decision by the grand jury will be around the completion of the first eight matches. 

Out of these eight  I would suggest a minimum of 4 x wins and 2 x draws and probably 2 x losses. This is 14 points out of a possible 24. Would probably then see us with respect with our peers as a top side in this league.

Anything less than this the devil and grim reaper will grab DH away and OTIB will crash.

8 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Did I say I was angry at the board for choosing him ? 
I’m angry at the board for the complete contempt they treat us with. They openly lie and think we won’t notice or question the almighty Lansdown family  . 

15 minutes ago, Leveller said:

The fact that people do not trust Mark Ashton and, increasingly unfortunately, Steve Lansdown as far as they can throw them does not have any bearing on wanting the new Manager to do well and supporting him.

Archived