IGNORED

Paul Nevin

redpole

14 minutes ago, !james said:

My Malwarebytes software is flagging up that this site is infected with something called Trojans - can you please post the article if you are able? Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

My Malwarebytes software is flagging up that this site is infected with something called Trojans - can you please post the article if you are able? Thanks.

Hammers News
Photo by Arfa Griffiths West Ham United FC via Getty Images

West Ham risk losing first team coaches Kevin Nolan and Paul Nevin as insider lifts lid on Bolton and Bristol City interest

GettyImages-1201936182.jpg
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

West Ham United run the risk of losing first team coaches Kevin Nolan and Paul Nevin after just six months.

ADVERTISING

Read: Karren Brady decision looming as West Ham owners step in

West Ham announced the appointment of former Hammers captain Nolan and Nevin as David Moyes’s new assistants back in February.

It was a welcome return for Nolan who was hugely popular with West Ham fans after he dropped down to the Championship and led the club back to the Premier League in 2011.

GettyImages-1198907753-2.jpg

Nolan and Nevin were only handed short-term deals

Nevin had previously coached with England under Gareth Southgate.

ADVERTISING

The club initially only appointed the duo until the end of the season – as revealed on whufc.com at the time.

Moyes recently told The Evening Standard of his desire to ensure Nolan and Nevin remain at the club.

“I also want to make sure coaches Paul Nevin and Kevin Nolan are here for next season, plus one or two other small changes I want to make around the club,” the Scot told The Evening Standard.

GettyImages-1221272919.jpg

Photo by BEN STANSALL POOL AFP via Getty Images

Bolton and Bristol City show interest in West Ham coaches

But according to reliable West Ham insider ExWHUemployee, both are attracting interest from elsewhere.

ADVERTISING

Ex says another of Nolan’s former clubs, Bolton Wanderers, want him to take a senior role.

Top 15 Multiple Winners of the FA Cup

00:21
/
01:37

00:00
Next Video
Looking Back At Every Premier League Club's Biggest Worry For 2019

Cancel
Autoplay is paused

While Nevin is reportedly wanted by Bristol City.

“Kevin Nolan and Nevin have both been tapped up by other clubs wanting them to come in as coaches and managers,” ExWHUemployee told the latest West Ham Way podcast (August 12th).

“Bolton were keen on getting Kevin Nolan involved and Bristol City were keen in getting Nevin involved.

GettyImages-1226229585.jpg

‘Moyes has got a bit of a situation’

“I think Bolton wanted to give Kevin Nolan a bit more of a senior role, but I can’t say for certain because I’m not entirely sure what they’ve offered him.

“But they’ve definitely been approached by other clubs so I think Moyes has got a bit

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:
Hammers News

West Ham risk losing first team coaches Kevin Nolan and Paul Nevin as insider lifts lid on Bolton and Bristol City interest

GettyImages-1201936182.jpg
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

West Ham United run the risk of losing first team coaches Kevin Nolan and Paul Nevin after just six months.

ADVERTISING

Read: Karren Brady decision looming as West Ham owners step in

West Ham announced the appointment of former Hammers captain Nolan and Nevin as David Moyes’s new assistants back in February.

It was a welcome return for Nolan who was hugely popular with West Ham fans after he dropped down to the Championship and led the club back to the Premier League in 2011.

GettyImages-1198907753-2.jpg

Nolan and Nevin were only handed short-term deals

Nevin had previously coached with England under Gareth Southgate.

ADVERTISING

The club initially only appointed the duo until the end of the season – as revealed on whufc.com at the time.

Moyes recently told The Evening Standard of his desire to ensure Nolan and Nevin remain at the club.

“I also want to make sure coaches Paul Nevin and Kevin Nolan are here for next season, plus one or two other small changes I want to make around the club,” the Scot told The Evening Standard.

GettyImages-1221272919.jpg

Photo by BEN STANSALL POOL AFP via Getty Images

Bolton and Bristol City show interest in West Ham coaches

But according to reliable West Ham insider ExWHUemployee, both are attracting interest from elsewhere.

ADVERTISING

Ex says another of Nolan’s former clubs, Bolton Wanderers, want him to take a senior role.

Top 15 Multiple Winners of the FA Cup

00:21
/
01:37

00:00
Next Video
Looking Back At Every Premier League Club's Biggest Worry For 2019

Cancel
Autoplay is paused

While Nevin is reportedly wanted by Bristol City.

“Kevin Nolan and Nevin have both been tapped up by other clubs wanting them to come in as coaches and managers,” ExWHUemployee told the latest West Ham Way podcast (August 12th).

“Bolton were keen on getting Kevin Nolan involved and Bristol City were keen in getting Nevin involved.

GettyImages-1226229585.jpg

‘Moyes has got a bit of a situation’

“I think Bolton wanted to give Kevin Nolan a bit more of a senior role, but I can’t say for certain because I’m not entirely sure what they’ve offered him.

“But they’ve definitely been approached by other clubs so I think Moyes has got a bit

Thanks Fordy - it is still blocking most of the content but I get the gist! You are an officer and a gentleman!

Just now, WirralRobin said:

Is that in the last couple of days? Cisse was definitely in the photos from first day or so's training.....

Oh was he? I’m basing that off not seeing him when watching vids/looking through the photos so could’ve missed it! My mistake if so.

30 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Here's a little more on his background and current role at West Ham - sounds like as well as coaching he's heavily involved with analysis too.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/new-west-ham-coach-paul-nevin-outlines-role-setup-a4361616.html

If Ashton sees this, he’s definitely got the job ?

E7F52C2D-9366-40BF-9D7F-44AB43C2F3BD.jpeg

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

With all these coaches, how will anyone make any decisions? What if they disagree on tactics or signings? 
Strange.  

Lots of teams have plenty of coaches. 
They are there to coach. Not to make any decisions. 
The 2 x Assistants is more unusual, as they will no doubt have (and be encouraged to have) plenty of dialogue with Holden. 
But any other coaches - well, their role is to coach. 

Always like Pat Nevin from when he first appeared in the NME back when it used to be my music bible.

Always found his comments considered and usually find myself agreeing with much he has to say.

If he came on board it would be only one more coach that we had in LJs team.  Maybe the other coaches would also work with other ages groups.  Much more easy to manage when the new training ground is built and teams are co-located. 

I really don’t know how many people usually go to make up the senior coaching team for a typical Championship club, so I may be quite wrong about this, but four new members of the coaching staff to work under Holden almost sounds like overkill to me. Too many cooks and all that. 

Is it possible that this is the late emergence of news about an interest that City might have expressed before they succeeded in landing Simpson and Downing? If true, it’s a lot of change in personnel and a big investment in the coaching team in a very short space of time.

Not necessarily saying it’s a bad idea or anything. Just a bit unexpected and I would find it somewhat surprising if it does turn out to be the case.

I dont get what peoples problem is with this,

Its not as if our coaching has been great, more and higher quality coaches are only going to improve the players in the long run,

Or do people generally believe that a profession football team should only have 1 head coach 2 first coaches and 1 goal keeping coach

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I dont get what peoples problem is with this,

Its not as if our coaching has been great, more and higher quality coaches are only going to improve the players in the long run,

Or do people generally believe that a profession football team should only have 1 head coach 2 first coaches and 1 goal keeping coach

Don't think anyone is saying it has to be that way, but at the same time there is nothing intrinsically wrong with that model. Tempting to conclude that you can never have too much expertise, but the more people involved, the more effort needs to go into making sure everyone's singing from the same hymn sheet, otherwise there is increased risk of mixed messages, players becoming confused, differences of approach or opinion, and so on. There is probably an optimum number, though I don't pretend to know what that is. Just an observation, really - and there was, by the way, quite a lot of criticism in the LJ era of things being over-complicated...

15 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The only reason a club would need is three assistant coaches is the head coach is not up to scratch. A camel is a horse designed by a committee. 

Really???? That what you think? So All clubs that have 3 coaches don’t have a good manager ??

Archived