IGNORED

Edit: Taylor Moore and self-deprecation...

LondonBristolian

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Indeed, was just trying to state that if I had to choose one to get done, it would be Moore.

I know, but it's strange really to feel the need to name another player you would prefer City to be slower to offer a new contract to. Not necessary in the first place, and could be seen as intimating you don't really rate Walsh?

As for comparing Moore and Walsh, very different positions but very similar age, both have improved and have potential to improve further, and neither yet, in my opinion, proven at this level.

So as well as personal preference (which we may all be guilty of) it may come down to how far we feel each may go in the game - i.e. either PL with City, or, if not, attracting big bids from PL clubs in the next couple of years.

To me Walsh's skills on the ball means there's a good chance he'll play PL football at some time in the future; I just can't see that likely career trajectory with TM, as dependable as he may eventually prove at Championship level.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I know, but it's strange really to feel the need to name another player you would prefer City to be slower to offer a new contract to. Not necessary in the first place, and could be seen as intimating you don't really rate Walsh?

it’s more that both are out of contract next summer, we have a lack of CBs, we have lots of CMs.  Ideally both re-sign. FWIW I’m waiting to see how Walsh does back in the Championship.  I’m not as convinced as others that he’ll make the transition from stellar Lg1 season to being a key part of our Champ team.  I really want to watch him and then decide.  I’m worried he won’t find it as easy to get on the ball in space to play as freely as he did at Coventry.  So, I’m reserving judgement for now.  I wasn’t over-enamoured with him in 18/19, where I think too many got over-excited by 45 minutes versus Stoke (h).

But I don’t want him to leave on a free either.  He, himself might be questioning extending now we’ve signed Joe Williams.  Different players, but still taking up 33% of the midfield slots.

As for comparing Moore and Walsh, very different positions but very similar age, both have improved and have potential to improve further, and neither yet, in my opinion, proven at this level.
fair....although we saw Moore get a decent run last season.  Not finished article though.

So as well as personal preference (which we may all be guilty of) it may come down to how far we feel each may go in the game - i.e. either PL with City, or, if not, attracting big bids from PL clubs in the next couple of years.

To me Walsh's skills on the ball means there's a good chance he'll play PL football at some time in the future; I just can't see that likely career trajectory with TM, as dependable as he may eventually prove at Championship level.
neither of us have a crystal ball....but I think the opposite....not that it matters.

At the end of the day, contract renewals / extensions have a lot of factors in play.  We aren’t party to most of them.  Good debate.

Archived