IGNORED

Kalas Returning Early - don’t worry not injured

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thanks 01. Surely if he's isolating during a potential gestation period (7 days?), he can't play?

It would be a bonus for us if he could play obviously.

I don't think anyone knows at this point if he is isolating.

But he's being tested regularly as all player are and elite athletes, because of that, do not need to isolate on return from foreign trips. But the fact that some member(s) of the Czech party were positive (and I've heard conflicting reports on exactly who was positive ranging from the coach and a couple of players to just one member of the backroom staff),  it throws it open to question.

Farce.

3 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I believe as it says on sky website the whole original squad are isolating. I suppose that means he's out the weekend for us?

That's what I was thinking  but I have been watching SSN and they were on about 'elite sport concessions'. Maybe that applies to Tomas meaning he can play?

It's a bit of a mess TBH.

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Just been watching SSN and they were on about 'elite sport concessions'. Maybe that applies to Tomas meaning he can play?

It's a bit of a mess TBH.

It is a mess, I believe the 'elite sport concessions' only apply if there has been no breaking of the rules!

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Forgetting covid for the mo’....if Kalas is unable to play this weekend, I should imagine City and other clubs will be questioning the rules when the next window comes round in October.

I would think a lot of people having to self isolate would also be questioning why it is one rule for athletes and another for the public if he is allowed to play. Not that I am bitter...

Just now, Northern Red said:

Because they get regularly tested.

Yeah, I know.

But when I said that I would be happy to pay for relevant tests (£139 each) it was 14 days isolation and no exceptions.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Kalas plays saturday as a back three of Kalas, Moore, and Mawson is as strong as it gets for us.

Done a bit of reading about Covid and I'm very happy he doubtless took some of the confidence from the win in Slovakia into Saturday and led by example- winner capped it off.

However, I just hope he wasn't pre-symptomatic. I posted about asymptomatic risk before and though the testing is relatively regular, the incubation period is 2-14 days.

This is a very tricky virus- seems pre-symptomatic spread is possible too. Mind you it maybe the case about many but the latter- ie pre-symptyomatic spread- is not an area that gets so much coverage.

• Someone who is asymptomatic has the infection but no symptoms and will not develop them later.
  • Someone who is pre-symptomatic has the infection but don't have any symptoms yet.

Both groups can spread the infection.

https://www.gundersenhealth.org/covid19/the-asymptomatic-and-pre-symptomatic-spread-of-covid-19/

Let us hope Kalas was not straddling the line between asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic- quite sure it'll be okay but we'll know one way or the other within the next fortnight.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Done a bit of reading about Covid and I'm very happy he doubtless took some of the confidence from the win in Slovakia into Saturday and led by example- winner capped it off.

However, I just hope he wasn't pre-symptomatic. I posted about asymptomatic risk before and though the testing is relatively regular, the incubation period is 2-14 days.

This is a very tricky virus- seems pre-symptomatic spread is possible too. Mind you it maybe the case about many but the latter- ie pre-symptyomatic spread- is not an area that gets so much coverage.

https://www.gundersenhealth.org/covid19/the-asymptomatic-and-pre-symptomatic-spread-of-covid-19/

Let us hope Kalas was not straddling the line between asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic- quite sure it'll be okay but we'll know one way or the other within the next fortnight.

He said yesterday he was tested most days over the past 10 days.

I am too lazy to trawl back through the threads to find the one about who should be captain which is where this post rightly belongs. In that thread I plumped for Taylor Moore. This interview leads me to believe that I was wrong and that Kalas is indde the man.

Apologies if it has been posted elsewhere.

Archived